ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ- ɪ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ

So she ran. Ran outside his hotel room, into the elevator.

She was full of tears by now.

How could she do this? How could she fall back like this? Everything was good for years and now all of the sudden it comes back to her.

But theres only one thing she thinks about now.

How could she clean up this mess? How could she live with the guilt of being a cheater?

Cheater. Cheater. Cheater.

These words echo in her head as she pressed the button for her floor.

Breath in. Breath out.

Dont be weak. You can't show how weak you are' she thought

You can't cry over him again' she thought

Charles has to stop messing with her feelings. There is no way she could bring it over her heart to tell Max that she cheated on him.

Cheater. Cheater. Cheater.

It still kept ringing.

Amélie held onto the elevator walls do prevent herself from collapsing.

Breath.

You are stronger than that'

and she was. She knew, but the self worth she had in herself got smashed when Charles left her.

She got a steady breathing, wiped away her tears and stepped out of the elevator.

You can do this'

She looked a last time into her came and then went into the hotel room.

„Hey, you're back. Did everything went good?" he asked as she took her sleeping clothes to change

„Yeah, why wouldn't it?"

„You look a little bit flushed. Maybe you fought or something, I don't know" he said

„Oh no, everything is fine. Thank you for asking" she told him and gave him a kiss before going into the bathroom to change.

On the other side, Charles stared at his door for 5 minutes before taking out the bottle of whiskey in his cupboard. He opened the bottle and took big sips of the liquor. He could feel it moving down his throat as the burning sensation came creeping up.

‚What are you doing to me, Amélie' he thought

Except for racing, Amélie was the only thing on his mind. Well, Amélie and Jules.
He felt jealousy all over his body when he starts thinking about her and Max. He has what Charles doesn't, and that is Amélie. He hates himself for leaving her, for ignoring her and for never talking things out. She wouldn't be together with Max now if he wouldn't have been too stubborn.
He hates that Amélie has sich a power over him. She lets him forget everything.

Two glasses of whiskey turned into four and four turned into six.

He was very drunk now, but he could still feel that one thing. Love. That one thing that he tries to drown. He wants to drown all his love for her, just for one time. He doesn't want to feel anything, he wants to be consumed by numbness.

He originally wanted to go out and celebrate his win, but the team wanted to have a lunch together tomorrow to celebrate so he didn't feel like going out and get drunk tonight, but here we are now.

There is nothing more Charles wants than having Amélie by his side forever.

Why did she have to come back into my life?' he thought to himself