ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx- ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

I was shocked. I stared at him with my mouth open.

„Charles, I'm not in love with him, at least right now. We've only been together for a week" I said slowly

„I don't care about right now, amour. I couldn't stand seeing you in love with someone else" he sighed

„Then why are you telling me this, Charles? You are so confusing" I quietly screamed frustrated

„I tell you this because I love you, okay? I want to tell you that I fucking love you. I still love you, Amélie" he blurted out. He gripped his hair. He only realised what he said a few seconds after. He looked at me with wide eyes now.

I was speechless. He didn't just say that. He still loves me? Where did that come from?

„You didn't mean to say that" I shook my head and started tearing up

You didn't mean to say „I love you"" I whispered more to myself. At least not now.

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. I can't believe he ist telling me this now. After I'm finally able to move on, he comes here and tells me he loves me. I can't help but feel angry.

I wanted to tell him something, but then Jules came running down the hallway. He stopped and started smiling.

„Papa, I missed you" he said and jumped in his arms. Charles came out of his frozen state. He picked Jules up and smiled.

„Bonjour little man, ça va?" he asked him.

„Bien, why are you here?" Jules asked Charles curious.

„I wanted to take you and Mama to see your Mamie and Oncles"

„Please Mama I want to go" Jules said

„Yeah baby we will go there" I told him.

He immediately got into his shoes. I put my shoes on as well and with that we went downstairs.

„I didn't bring my car, it would be too obvious" he whispered to me. I gave him a look and then proceeded to walk to my car.

Honestly how can he care about that right now? The world would find out sooner or later.

We sat in the car in silence. I decided to turn up the music. I kept thinking about what he said.

He still loves me. After all theses years, he still loves me.

And I?

I don't know honestly. My feelings have been upside down lately. I feel something for Max, but as I said since Charles came back into my life it has brought up drowned feelings.

Feelings that I don't want to feel. At least for him.

I heard someone saying something, but I didn't react as I was still in my thoughts.

Suddenly, I felt Charles hand on my thigh.

„I understand you are a little bit mad, but don't just ignore me, amour" he said.

„I honestly didn't hear what you said Charles and stop saying that nickname" I told him. I looked into the rearview mirror to see if Jules is hearing any of this, but it seems like he is in his own world with his toys.

„I said if we can please talk about what happened"

„We're going to see later, Charles" I
bluntly said and concentrated on the street again.

I drove up to his mothers apartment

„You still know where she lives" I whispered

We went out of the car and got upstairs. Charles knocked on the door.