ꜰᴏᴜʀ- ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs

Charles POV:

Bonjour Charles, pouvons-nous prendre une photo ensemble ? C'était mon plus grand rêve de vous rencontrer" a little boy said shyly to me

Bien sûr, petit homme. Quel est ton nom ?" I asked smiling at him

„I'm Jules" he said. So he was the the little boy Pierre talked about yesterday

„I love that name, Jules. If I would ever have a son, I would name him Jules. Your parents chose a very good name for you" I said winking a bit at his mother in the end. It was true what Pierre said, she looks so familiar, but I can't put the pieces together.

„Well I was alone to decide the name as the father of him just left me, but I like the name" She said sounding annoyed. Why would a person leave a pregnant woman?

„That's sad to hear. How old is he now?" I asked

„I'm 5 now" Jules said. I thought for a second. 5 years ago, I left Amélie. My eyes widened a little bit, it can't be, right? She would've told me that she is pregnant. His mother has Amélies features, but her hair looks completely different. It can't be Amélie, she would never change her hair colour.

„Okay lets take the photo I have to go to a meeting" I quickly said

She took the picture

„Thank you Charles. I will never forget this" Jules said happily

„It was a pleasure Jules" I said and started walking away.

It can't be her. Why would she keep away my son? She wasn't pregnant when I left her. I got lost in my own thoughts. I didn't hear anybody around me.

„Charles, did you even listen to what
I said?" Charlotte said as we walked

„Sorry, what? I was in my own thoughts" I said

„I said that the boy was really cute. I can't wait till we have our own kids" she said, holding my hand

„Yeah, I can't wait" I said, still distracted from the encounter that just happened.

Flashback:

Amélie just left to go get the shoppings. She is hiding something from Charles. Since a few weeks she is very discreet and sometimes when she gets a call, she goes into a different room.
They used to tell each other everything, but since a few weeks she just isn't like this anymore. Every time he tries to kiss her and do something with her, she backs out and says that she is tired and just wants to sleep. Is she cheating on him? There is enough evidence.

Maybe they should've taken things more slowly. Maybe they should've dated for a little longer, before buying an apartment together. Was this a mistake? Maybe or maybe not. He loves her, but he can't do this anymore.

So he decided to leave before she comes home. He needed a new start.

He packed a few back and put them into his car. He couldnt tell his family about it right now, they would kill him, as they would want him to talk to her. So he drove to the person who could understand him the most, Pierre.

He drove up to his apartment and ringed the doorbell.

„Mate its me Charles, open the door please" Charles said into the speaker. The front door opened and I walked upstairs.

„What are you doing with your bags here mate?" Pierre asked as he opened the apartment door

„I left Amélie, she is cheating on me" ,he told Pierre while he walked into his apartment, „Can I stay at yours for a while till I found a new place"

„I'm a little confused now, but sure you can" Pierre said

They sat the whole night talking about Charles feelings. Pierre told him that he needs to talk to Amélie, but Charles doesn't want to.

The next day he went to speak to his family and told them everything. They were very understanding and got why he didn't want to talk to her. They loved Amélie, but they had to stay on Charles side.
They didn't pick up any of Amélies calls or answered her messages.

Everyone needed to move on. Charles had a championship to win and cant be distracted anymore.

Two years after, he met Charlotte. She brought light into his world again. He stopped thinking about Amélie, even though he sometimes still did. He concentrated on the now and that was Charlotte. They took it slow. Charles told Charlotte about Amélie and how it went. She understood him.

Amélie came home that evening after getting everything for the cake. She wanted to surprise Charles with a cake to tell him she's pregnant. She came in with no light on in their apartment.

„Charles?" She asked going into the living room. He wasn't there. She went looking in the kitchen next, nobody.

„Charles?" She yelled again. She was scared.

She went into the bedroom finding nobody and the doors of the closet wide open.

His things were gone.

„Charles please tell me this is a sick joke", she yelled crying, „you can come out wherever you are. I fell for your joke"

Nobody came out somewhere. She looked again through the whole apartment. He wasn't there anymore.

He left.

She broke down in their bedroom crying heavily. She couldn't understand why he was doing this. Leaving her.
She called his mother and his brothers multiple times this night, but nobody picked up. She send endless messages with what is going on.
Nobody answered. She stayed up the whole night till she cried herself to sleep.

She had been planning the surprise for weeks. She wanted to make it special. She knew he wanted to have kids, so Amélie asked her parents and her sister for advice. They came up with the idea of baking a cake with the label ‚12 weeks' and then the ultra sound picture.

Now it all fall apart.

Amélie got better after 2 months. Her sister has gone with her to every doctors appointment. She was there when she got to know the gender. She was there for her when she was at her worst and didn't want to anymore.

She made Amélie strong again. She helped her through everything. Relia was the first one to hold Jules. She's been supportive for her little sister.

After Jules got 1 year old, Amélie started her own business. A bar. Charles didn't want her to do something like this, because to many men would be there. Reflecting it now, he was insecure thinking she would cheat on him. He didn't trust her.  The bar was a very discreet bar. Not many people knew about it, but it was also ‚the spot' for people.

She still thought about him. He was her first love. You can't easily forget your first love. The romantic moments, the laughs and arguments they had together. When they met at the party of their friend, it felt like they knew each other for years.

They talked so much that night. They talked about everything. After a while they disappeared from the party and just walked around Monte Carlo. From the outside they seemed like a pair of friends that finally confessed their love for each other, but it wasn't like that. They enjoyed this moment together. They didn't want it to stop.

But then it stopped. It all stopped. It's not there anymore. Many times both wished they could go back to this moment, but they couldn't.

and it hurts.

—————

Hey guys I hope you like the new chapter. The break up is finally out. I actually had a few tears in my eyes while writing this.

Thank you for all your support. I love you guys🫶🫶

Lots of love, gi