ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ- ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ

Amélie Pov:

The movie ended. Charles and I still sat like this. Cuddled together. I couldn't even really concentrate on the movie, because I kept getting flashbacks to the time with him. Sitting here like this with him simply brought back memories.

„I wanted to be the first one to bring my child to a karting track you know" he suddenly said in a kinda hurt voice. I looked up to him, but he just looked straight to the wall.

„I'm sorry, but Max was surprising him with it, I only found out the same day too. You know I could've taken him all the last years to the track" I said.

„But you didn't, why?" he asked me, now looking down to me.

I sighed. I thought for a second.

„Because I was hoping you would come back" I started whispering and my voice broke. He started caressing my face.

„I'm so sorry I left, amour. If I would've known all this before, I wouldn't have left you" he said.

Amour. Why did he have to say that damn nickname.

„Maybe we weren't meant to be" I told him.

„You can't just say that, I loved you" his voice broke too.

And maybe I still do' he thought to himself

„Charles, sometimes love is not enough" I told him. I saw something in his eyes that fell apart.

„What should we have done to prevent it? The last weeks of our relationship were not the same. You always made phone calls in another room, you withdrew. I know why now, but it didn't have to be like that" he said.

„Don't say like it's my fault only, I mean it also is, but you stayed out late all the time then and you didn't even had the courage to ask me if I cheated on you"

and then it was quiet. Awfully quiet.

He just thought to himself.

„I'm sorry, I didn't want to be do harsh to you. Lets just try and let everything behind us and try to be friends for Jules" I softly said and held my pinky finger to him.

Always when we had to do a deal or agree on something, we shook our pinky fingers.

Charles slowly started to smile.

„You are right. We have to end the chapter in our life's and start a new one" and he took my pinky finger. We started getting up and I brought him to the door.

„Tell Jules I told him goodbye" he said

„I will. See you soon" I told him

„See you"

and as he walked out I realised it was all a big mistake.

I shouldn't have cuddled with him. He wants to get under my skin. Max can't get to know about any of this. It would be a disaster if he knew. I mean we aren't together, but he would obviously be pissed just because it's Charles. My worst fear would be that Charles tells him. I mean we try to be friends now, but we both know we will fall back into the old behaviour. If our deal would work, then Charles wouldn't tell Max. The only thing where I think he would tell Max, is if he wants to get under Max skin.

I put all the things away and started to clean the living room a bit. After a little bit I got into Jules room and woke him up.

„Hey baby, don't sleep too long. You have to sleep this night" I said and got him out of bed.

„Is Papa still here?" he asks me

„No he already left, but he told me to tell you that he said goodbye" I said and kissed him on the forehead.