𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎 🥀

Start from the beginning

"Now, be good today for me and for that chocolate Ma promised you, hm?" I said.

Her cheeks puffed as she smiled, "okay, Mummy!"

My sweetheart. I'd do anything for her. She is my world.

________

At work:

It's been two years since I've been a member of the J.J organisations. My initial position here in my sector is the marketing advisor which is why I'm a superior to most staff members. I was lucky enough to have gotten in- but now everything was good. I was settled and my pay was excellent, as well as the staff being genuine people. I left the elevator and entered my floor. The J.J organisations had their franchise spread all over the state, however the building I worked in was by far the largest.

"Daniel." I smiled, approaching the front desk, "I wanted my schedule cleared for this Friday." I told him. "Good morning, ma'am, and yes, that is possible but you do have a meeting in- an hour with the Chief marketing officer (CMO)." he told me.

I leant my elbow on the marble desk and rubbed my temple, "Daniel, that is today?" I sighed. "Thank you, have any work calls, emails sent directly to my office." I smiled. He reached for the phone as it began to ring and nodded at me before lifting it to his ear. "Hello, this is-"

I began walking towards my office which had been recently gifted to me for my successful presentation four months ago. It was like an upgrade to the much smaller, shared office I had before. Once I was sat in my office chair I checked my messages from Ma telling me Hazel was now in school.

"Lia." The CMO suddenly walked into my office and I instantly stood up. "I wasn't expecting you for another fifty five minutes, Sir." I said, giving him a bow in respect. He waved his hands, "No need to be so formal with me, Lia, you know well to call me Mark." He told me. I gave him a tight smile and sat back down. "Please, sit."

"How is your little one doing?" He asked, "Still a trouble maker who gets what she wants." I scoffed with a smile at the end. He nodded, drumming his fingers on the chairs arm-rest.

"Good, good. Well, I needed to tell you in advance how there'll be more advisors attending our so called meeting this morning." He began, "It will be the usual but we have a V.I.P flying in this morning, his attendance is doubtful, however."

"V.I.P?" I repeated.

"Hm, yes- the CEO's nephew." He answered, and I raised my brow. "Oh, wow." I said.

"But don't be too overwhelmed, like I said, his attendance is not guaranteed, and even if he were to attend it is only for an update on how the marketing sector of the business is running." He explained. "Don't worry, I don't usually get overwhelmed. I'm good under pressure." I smiled.

"That's more like it." He said, standing. "See you in- forty minutes.

__________

An hour later, at the meeting:

I entered the conference room and they all stood, greeting me with a bow in respect. I reciprocated their respect and sat down beside the head of the table, the CMO.

I wondered if the CEO's nephew will show.

"Mr Shim." I said, quietly whilst turning to him. "Have you any idea how old the CEO's nephew is?" I asked. He lowered his head so that only our ears could hear, "Twenty Nine." He answered, "He is also the Chief Operations Officer since the CEO has no children of his own."

My eyes grew wide. Next to be CEO, huh?

Mark then walked in and we all sat at the conference table. I didn't have much to say as my colleagues were carrying out the meeting today, I was simply there to supervise them. "Lia." Mr Shim, muttered and I turned my head slightly. Mr Shim's daughter, Lienna, was best friends with Hazel. He was divorced, exceptionally good looking and only five years older than me.

"Are you free this Friday?" He asked, and my eyes met his, "Hazel has a dance recital." I answered, "So does Lienna, but that only takes up your afternoon, I want to take up your night." His brows creased instantly after, "That came out wrong-"

I tried to hold in my laugh. He was so sweet and a hopeless romantic. "Mr Shim." I teased, "Is it appropriate to be asking me out during a meeting?" I asked, "-but I would love to."

He grinned, returning his attention to my colleagues.

The meeting was cut short after and I, unfortunately, did not get to meet the famous Nephew. "You two did great!" I praised my two colleagues as we left the conference room. "I knew I had no reason to be worried."

"Thank you, ma'am, for believing in us enough. It is not easy standing up there with the CMO staring into your soul.." Lucas muttered, "I had to keep averting my gaze, it was pretty intimidating." Layla laughed, nervously.

"Tell me about it, he came into my office before-"

I was cut off perfectly in time by the sound of someone clearing their throat, "He, can hear you." Mark said, standing behind us. My colleagues immediately gave him a bow in respect and turned on their heels, abandoning me.

"Mark." I smiled.

"Lia." He said, raising a brow, "follow me."

"Am I in trouble?" I asked, to which he grinned.

"I don't think so, but I wanted the CEO's nephew to meet the head of the Marketing board himself." He told me. Oh. Oh, Wow-

"If he was already here, why not attend the meeting?" I asked.

"He chose not to." Mark replied.

So he was the type to get and to do whatever he wants and pleases..

"This way..." continued Mark as we entered a floor much larger than the rest. His office must be.. huge? We approached the double doors and a man in a suit pushed one of them open for us. "After you.." I entered the office for it to be completely.. empty?

Then, another door within the office opened and I listened to the shoes clicking against the marble floor, "Mr Jeon is rather pleased to be back." Mark commented, from behind me.

Mr who?

My brows creased and the hairs on my neck stood up as the shoe clicking abruptly stopped.

"My marketing advisor." His voice bounced off the white walls and slapped me hard in the face. The voice I thought I had forgotten.. the voice I thought I'd never hear again...

__________

THE SEQUEL IS NOW OUT!

A/N: 🥀

I know how hard my readers were trying to be patient, but I know y'all were struggling.
I truly am excited for this sequel and I hope you are too!

Enjoy :)