IRL • part 552

Me, Nina, Candice, and Ian with Selena in his arms watch as the elevator door of Jen and Justin's New York penthouse open. A ding is heard and instantly I see Jen rushes over to us with her black heels clicking on the living room floor.

"Hello, everybody!" She gives us the biggest pearly white smile. "Welcome! Welcome!"

"Hey!" I giggle as she wraps me in a tight hug. Jen kisses each of my cheeks. "Long time no see."

"I know, it's been far too long." She laughs before greeting my other two friends. Jen soon reaches Ian, places the two kisses on each of his cheeks before beaming at Selena. "How is my little princes?!"

Ian chuckles as he lets Jen take her. "She missed her aunt a hell of a lot."

"Awe, I missed her too!" Jen pours her bottom lip as she squeezes her cheek against Selena's. She then motions for us to follow her to the kitchen. "Come, guys, Justin is in the kitchen watching the chicken breasts."

My flats slide against the floor as we all walk behind her. My stomach has been hurting a freaking lot all day. I know Jen said to dress nice and fancy but I tried putting on heels for 5 seconds...if it weren't for my bed being by my side, I would've fallen flat on the carpet floor.

A white buttoned up shirt and black dress pantsed Justin turns around with a black apron on. He too gives us all the big pearly white smile. "Hey guys, thanks for coming."

"It's smells delicious in here!" Nina beams.

"It smells super lovely!" Candice agrees.

Oh God, I'm in so much pain. It's getting really hard to ignore. Trying to not show a face of discomfort, I look at Jen, rubbing stomach. "Do you guys mind if I sit at the table already? I'm not feeling too good."

"Of course, go right ahead!" Jen nods, her eyes instantly turning motherly. She walks over to me and leads me to the dinner table. "Are you okay, honey? Do you need some water?"

"That would be good actually, Thank you." I offer her a short smile.

Fuck it hurts so bad.

- -

"Justin, can you please pass the baked potatoes?" I ask from a few seats down.

"Of course," he nods, grabbing the fancy plate and passing it to Ian. Instead of giving it to me, he grabs the tongs and places two potatoes on my plate. Ian knows very well not to give me too much food because I won't eat it. I've been super nauseous recently, I barely eat half of my meals.

"Thanks," I give Ian an awkward smile. We haven't talked much since our argument a few nights back. I've been only hanging out with Casey, Nina and Candice. Ian has been regularly hanging out with Justin. I wouldn't be surprised though if he decided to book an early flight back to Georgia. From the other room I can hear him video chatting with Nikki every night. I can't stand it anymore...I just want this divorce to be done and over so I never have to see them two again. The more I'm with Ian the more my feelings for him keep getting stronger, but he made it loud and clear that he's moved on and now I have no choice but to.

"Tess, honey, how is work going?"

I look up at Jen from my plate that I had just been staring at my food, contemplating whether or not I had to puke. The food is delicious, I just can't eat it. "I've taken the past week off...I'm planning on going back after next week. I love filming here in New York, unfortunately I'm gonna have to go back to California to resume filming Hollywood Arts in a few weeks."