Chapter 4: Hockey

Start from the beginning

Someone kill me.

"Yes of course." He laughed. "Oh yeah, the hockey was awesome." He nodded. "No, he's quite okay." He leaned his shoulder against the frame of his door. "Of course, I can do that. With pleasure." He smiled and then I regretted giving him my phone. "I'll make sure of that...Me too Valentina. Take care." He laughed and handed me back the phone.

"Val? Are you there?" I lowered my gaze to the ground.

"I like him, hold on to him." Sure. "I have to go but we'll call later. Take care, Finn."

"You too, Val. Later."

"Love you." She blew me a kiss and hung up.

I looked up from my phone to Zack, who was grinning from ear to ear. Oh no.

"You owe me a favor." He grinned.

"Yes." I breathed heavily. Why did I do that? "So what do you want?"

"I'd say I want you to be nice, but I don't think you're capable of it, so..." He thought. "I have it." He pushed himself away from the door frame. "We'll go out together tomorrow."

Oh fuck.

"Not a date, don't worry." He patted my shoulder. "I'm not into straight guys. I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow, Finn."

Amazing, Val told him my name.

"I'll knock on your door!" He shouted after me as he got into the elevator.

What did I get myself into?

I hate getting up.

No, sorry, let me correct myself.

I hate waking up to an alarm clock.

A loud noise always wakes me up and I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack every morning.

I put on white shorts, a big green T-shirt with long sleeves and little sunflowers in the middle, and put my hair in a high bun before going downstairs.

Dad was still asleep on the couch, so I left him there.

I went to the kitchen, close to the refrigerator, and opened it.

Empty.

I lowered my head to the ground with a heavy exhale and closed it back.

I will have to go shopping later.

I went to the bread box, where the last two pieces of toasted bread were. I took it out and threw it into the toaster next to it.

I turned on the coffee machine and put a white mug there.

Before long, ready-made toasted bread popped out of the toaster. I took it out on a plate and spread out butter and strawberry jam on it.

When the coffee was ready, I took it out and put it next to my plate.