Chapter Eight

Onceler POV

I woke up the next day laying against the little stage that I had set up my guitar last night. I definitely slept on my neck wrong I thought as I sat up and stretched. A wave of nausea swept over my body. Shit. I can't be sick now! I need to do this! Fuck I feel like I'm going to vomit. No I got to keep going... I pray I make it. "Well, let's begin." I told Melvin, as I strummed the chords. "Everybody needs a thneed. A fine thing that all people ne-" that was when I saw yn, staring at me as if she was holding in laughter. Then it hit me. The smell of a rotten tomato and the goo running down my face. I could feel myself getting red, so I quickly wiped off the tomato "hey! What the hell!" I yelled out as another one got me straight in the mouth. I could feel it sliding down my throat, and I knew I was going to be sick so I sprinted to the bridge and as I ran, I heard the laughter of the crowd that had started. I luckily made it to the bridge before everything I had eaten in the past day had managed to escape my body. I kept throwing up, then suddenly I felt a hand rub up and down my spine.

"It's going to be ok." She said. Her voice was sweet, and sounded like yn. I turned to see if it was her, but then I felt the vomit come back. I quickly turned back towards the creek and threw up yet again "Just let it all out."

"Y-yn?"

"Yep. It's me. You made quite the show back there."

"They don't understand how much the thneed would help them! If only the-" I threw up again and yn went back to rubbing her hand up and down my spine.

Y/N pov

"Wait. Why did you follow me? And why are you helping me?" He asked as I walked him home.

"I don't know. I felt like you probably needed help after seeing the shit show back there. Also I needed fresh air, and a reason to come to my spot."

I opened the door to his house and placed him in the bed. I was like a mom who was tending to her sick child. I could feel my face burning up, but I couldn't do anything about it. "I guess stay here till you feel better... I can't believe one tomato in the mouth made you this sick. Your immune system is shit I hope you know."

"Yeah... thank you for bringing me home."

"Sure. I'll head out now." I said as I got up and started to walk away.

"Wait!" He said as he grabbed my wrist. "S-stay for a little bit. Please?" His face was redder than a cherry. I don't think he knew what had just happened. I didn't know either.

"O-ok. I'll stay for 5 minutes."

"Thank.... You" He was out like a lightbulb. I stayed beside home for 5 minutes, then left.