Chapter Three

chapter 3

(Author's note: Thank you so much for reading this far. We have been super busy with finals and  have been working on the cover, plus trying to figure out a name to go along with it. But thanks again and we are proud to give you all the next chapter!

-Thals and Ellie)

Y/N POV

I walked over to the blanket, still pissed off that he changed the subject so quickly.

"It's Y/N."

"Well, I'm the Onceler. I just bought the property that you're on right now for my factory over there." He gestured behind him. "So you're gonna have to get going, sorry."

Could this guy just pick a side?

"How am I bothering you? I can't even see a factory from here." I shot back.

That was when my phone rang. Looking at the screen I saw that it was my boyfriend, Jake. Oh shit. I thought. Jake hadn't been a very good boyfriend lately, and I didn't want to get in another fight.

"Hold on one second." I told the Onceler as I took the call.

"Y/N? You told me you were going out with me today, don't you remember? I have a business meeting to get to."

"No, you never told me about it." Jake was always wanting me to go places with him like arm candy. He never gave me any warning either.

"I did. You just aren't remembering it."

"Don't try to gaslight me Jake, I told you today was my day off."

The Onceler looked at me like he was concerned, but I just ignored him.

"Yes I did. Now get home, I have to be there in half an hour, and knowing how long it takes you to get ready we're going to be late."

"Fine." I sighed.

I did not want to get in another fight with my boyfriend, so I figured I would just go.

"Are you okay?" The Onceler asked. I looked at him and he looked genuinely worried about me.

"Yeah, my boyfriend's just being a dick." I told him. "So I guess you got what you wanted. I'm leaving your precious property now." I said as I walked off.