Chapter Six

Onceler POV

I finished the sewing of the thneed last night, so all I had to do was to go to town and sell it. This will be great! All I have to do is win the people over with the thneed! "You chopped down one of my trees for that piece of garbage?!?" The Lorax yelled from behind me, causing me to jump and let out a shriek.

"Garbage!? Oh no this is not garbage. It is a state of the art invention! You're not the target market, so you wouldn't understand." I told him as I grabbed my guitar.

"You're going to sing a song? That is worse than the garbage beanpole!" The Lorax laughed out

"Yes I will be singing, but you don't understand you little orange marshmallow! And stop calling me beanpole!" I called out as I slammed my door. What does he know I thought as I got onto the road with Melvin. I wonder if Y/N will see me... No! Not this again. I need to stay focused on this. Not her. Never her. The thneed is more stable than that girl's mental health. I bet that boyfriend has a lot to do with it. Why do I care tho? Why won't she get out of my mind? All I could think about was Y/N, our one encounter, and that boyfriend as I set up my guitar. The great thing was, that once I started to strum the chords, all those thoughts of Y/N drifted away.

(Authors Note: Hey! Thanks for sticking with us, sorry The posting of chapters is so weird and non consistent. We are going to try and post one chapter a day, and we do want to start a short story book along with continuing this lovely story; however, we need prompts so if you have ideas please comment them and we will try our best to write them all! We will also start a poll on a name later, but feel free to comment name ideas as well. Once again, thanks for sticking with us and we can't wait to start the new book! Thank you all we love you 🫶🏻 -Ellie & Thals)