Chapter Four

Onceler's POV

I should not care about Y/N or be sad that she has a boyfriend for that matter, but why do I care? Push it down, I thought as I watched her get on her bike. Why do I feel depressed? I have to put an end to these feelings, they will get in the way of what is important. My invention has prior- "did you chop down this tree?!" A masculine voice yelled from behind me. I screamed and turned around and there was a little orange man with a yellow beard. "No... that girl did. She's right over there." I told the little man as I pointed behind me.

"Damn Beanpole. You could have chosen the bear that's behind you, because I don't see any girl. At all."

"What?" I said as I turned back towards the direction of Y/N and her bike. Just like the little orange man had said, she was not there. "She left but she was here, and I watched her cut the tree down."

The little man grunted. "I am asking you to leave, or an eternal curse shall fall on you!" He told me, while waving his stubby hands as if to put a spell on me.

"I'm not going to go anywhere, little man! I will cut as many trees down if I want to, and you won't stop me... who are you anyway?"

"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees! And the trees say you need to go."

"Sure little man. Have fun with those trees, if that's what you call-"

"I don't do drugs, beanpole! Stop calling me little man!"

I just stared at the Lorax. What else was I going to do? These trees are the perfect material for the thneed, and an orange midget wasn't going to stop the invention of a lifetime!