Chapter 44: The party

Start from the beginning

His words touched me, and I couldn't help but smile. "But sure, we can invite them both if you'd like." Before I could reply again, Kamek teleported into the room.

"Sire, Mario, and Princess Peach have invited us over to a party at the Mushroom Kingdom. They expect to see us there tomorrow at 5 pm."

Wow, what a timing!

"I see. Go and get the fashion koopa. We need to be properly dressed, of course."

"But Sire, you already have clothes?"

Bowser looked at me, and then Kamek realised what he meant. They disappeared again, but it didn't take long for them to return with the fashion koopa.

The fashion koopa told me to follow her. I did as she asked and followed her out of the room.

[Kamek's POV]

I left along with Luigi, but I didn't follow them. I teleported to Kai.

"Is it true? A party at the Mushroom Kingdom?" Oh dear.

"It is... I'll try to convince them to invite you as well! I wouldn't go without you." I hugged him from behind as to comfort him.

"You're allowed to go without me if they don't want me there. I want you to have fun with others as well." He turned to look at me.

"Don't say that! It's either us or no one. I tried befriending others, but you've always been the best to have fun with. You know most of my secrets for a reason!"

I could see a smile forming on his face again. "Like I said, it's either us or no one. I wouldn't go without you, I promise." I gently laid my hand on his cheek before hugging him.

He then hugged me back tightly. "I love you!" My heart skipped a beat before beating extremely quick. Did he really just - oh my...

It felt as if my stomach had gotten butterflies in it. "Y-you do?" I think he then realised what he said because his cheeks got redder. "Uh... yeah... it's not bad- right?"

"N-no! No! It's not bad at all!" I hugged him less tight to reassure him that it wasn't bad. He gently laid his head on my shoulder, which calmed my heart down again.

[Bowser's POV]

After waiting for around an hour, maybe more, Luigi finally came back. He sat on the bed right next to me. "So, how'd it go?"

"They'll make me a suit because apparently Mario doesn't want me to come in a dress. But we came up with a design together."

"And what design may that be?"

"You'll find out tomorrow." He said with a teasing tone. He knows very well how to keep me curious.

"Well, let's make it to tomorrow quickly then, cutie." I took all the spikey bracelets and stuff off so we could cuddle easier. After that was done, I gently held him in my arms while laying down on the bed.

He already seemed much sleepier than before, and it didn't take long until we both fell asleep.

~ The next morning ~

I was awake before they realised I was. I said they because I could hear a conversation between Luigi and Junior.

"So there's a party tomorrow? And you're all invited, except us?" - Jr.

"Yeah, Mario probably doesn't want kids at the party. He usually wants everything to be perfect when it comes to parties." - L

"About that, have you told dad that you have your memories back yet?" - Jr.