Chapter 3

||"Sometimes miracles come in pairs."||

Wanda hurried along, throwing up her hair into a giant bun and grabbing her sunglasses from her bed. Steve had promised to take her out to the city today, and she was more than excited to finally see the beautiful city after so much time. It was also a chance for her to get out of the Stark building and do something other than think about her brother.

In a rush, Wanda ran out of her room and down into the living room area where Steve was waiting for her.

"Ready?" he asked when she walked in, and she smiled and nodded her head, anxious to get outside. The weather was perfect for the day, and as they walked to the elevator, she couldn't help but wish Pietro was there beside her. "Here, wear this." Wanda looked down and saw a cloth sitting neatly in Steve's hand.

"What is it?" she asked, taking in the bright colors of the cloth. 

"It's a headband. Here, let me put it on for you," Steve stepped in front of her and she bowed her head as he fixated the headband onto her head. "There you go," he said after he was finished. "You'll fit right in," she looked at her reflection in the mirror beside her and rose her hands to feel the American styled headband.

"Stars and stripes?" she asked humorously.

"Can you blame me?" Wanda giggled and the elevator doors opened in front of them, and they walked out, the sounds of chatter stopping as they both made their way through the lobby and towards the front doors. "Sunglasses and a hat: two things that will keep me from getting noticed."

They stepped out into the busy streets of New York and Wanda moved closer to Steve, feeling overwhelmed. Steve reached down and grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

"Don't worry, I was overwhelmed too," Steve said, and she felt herself relax, and they began to walk down the streets and headed deeper into the city. Everything that Wanda saw was amazing; from the people, to the buildings to even the trees and flowers that bloomed perfectly. It was magical.

Eventually, Wanda let go of Steve's hand and started walking ahead by herself. Steve watched her closely, making sure she didn't get too far. She curiously stopped at everything that caught her eye, and she touched everything as well. She was in wonderland.

"Hey, slow down," Steve said after he finally caught up to her. They had been walking for an hour, but Wanda didn't want to stop. New York City was beautiful and she couldn't get enough of it. "I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get some ice cream. Want some?" Wanda turned and looked over at the ice cream stand.

"Yes," she said quickly, and they both walked over to the guy that was standing behind the small ice cream cooler. He pulled open the large lid and let Wanda look in at all the different flavors. "Which one do I get?" she asked Steve.

"Which ever one you want," he responded, and she pointed to the red colored one and the guy began to scoop out a cone for her.

"Thank you," she said to the guy, and he winked at her and she turned to Steve, and he stepped in front of her and asked for the vanilla flavored ice cream. From behind Steve, she looked over his shoulder to the guy and smiled at him.

"Alright, let's go," Steve said and they walked away with their ice cream in hand.

Steve took Wanda deeper into the city, and once the sun began to set, he called for a car to pick them up.

"Thank you for this. I had a really nice time." Wanda buckled up and rested her head against the head rest. Her legs were aching and she was ready to get back to the Stark tower and lay in bed. "Pietro would have loved this," Wanda said quietly, and Steve looked over at her and frowned to himself. He knew that he could show Wanda the world a million times, but it wouldn't take away the fact that her brother was gone.

"He would have wanted this for you." Wanda looked out of the window and watched as the people of New York walked along the city. At night, New York was even more beautiful; a jungle of bright lights and colorful people.

"I know," she muttered, and then she closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the city as they drove back home.

___

Natasha sat in Tony's apartment floor, waiting patiently for Vision to arrive. They had called him the day before, and since Steve and Wanda were out in the city all the day, Natasha thought it'd be a perfect time to have him stop by.

"A lovely day, isn't it?" Natasha turned and stepped forward. Vision stood near the window and his cape waved behind him as he floated a few feet from the floor. "The humans seem happy," he looked over at Natasha and settled onto the floor.

"We have a problem," she said to him, and he tilted his head to the side.

"Pietro Maximoff is awake," he said and Natasha furrowed her brows.

"You know?"

"I know a lot, Ms. Romanoff."

"Then what do we do?"

"We wait." Natasha let out an exasperated sigh and sat down on the couch.

"What we need is a plan. You made it very clear that Wanda couldn't know that her brother was alive."

"Not every situation is in need of a plan."

"I called you here solely for that purpose."

"I can't control the destiny of Wanda or Pietro, all that I hope for is that they are both alive by the end of this."

"They have to be," Natasha said and Vision walked up to her and she looked up to meet his eyes. Vision was a beautiful sight, and even Natasha was taken back by his strong gaze. "Tony, Bruce and I have kept this secret from her for three months, and you said we had to wait six months before being able to tell her. So what happens if she finds out? She'll be angry and she'll be angry at us and I don't know what she'll do."

"When will Wanda return?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe tonight, why?"

"I want to see her." Vision walked back over to the window and smiled as he looked over the city. "I must see her."