Chapter 69

||Sometimes there won't be a right choice, just the best of several bad options.||

That exhaust she felt quickly left the moment she stepped off of the jet, her skin warming up at the very thought of sending Trask into a mad rage. She already planned it out in her head: find the factory, find Trask, and then hex his mind to the point where he would actually start to beg her to kill him. 

He deserved it.

She was running through the woods, her arms scraping against the bark every time she got too close to a tree, but she didn't care. She kept running and running until her throat burned and her legs felt like giving out. She ran until she passed the bunker and she ran until she saw Clint and Psylocke and a few others standing far from the factory.

Clint called out to her, his quiver on the ground, along with his bow and arrow, and she glanced at him but continued running. Her eyes were glowing by this point, and her hands were shaking with the thought of warping Trask's reality. She was good at this—manipulating realities.

Wanda arrived at the factory, breathless, but she held in her gasps and used her hex to tear down the other door.

Her vision flushed scarlet as she stepped into the factory, and everyone turned to look at her, and she made a quick assessment of where the team was and where Trask was. He was in the middle of the room, surrounded by fire she knew would kill her if she got too close. But she didn't care, and so her hands slithered with her red magic, ready and excited to bring hell.

The first hex she sent went straight for Pietro, who stood the closest to her. The only reason she began with Pietro is because she knew he would step into that fire if it meant he could stop her from doing what she was about to do. And so she sent him flying to the far left, and he landed on an old desk, and it shattered when his strong body landed on it.

She walked forward, and her eyes were glowing so bright she could barely see anything in front of her, but she kept going and her next hex headed straight to Steve. His eyes were wide and he put his shield down and reached out for her. Her ears were ringing with her magic and she didn't even hear him speak before her hex left her fingers and smacked against his armored suit.

There was that feeling of guilt again, throbbing in her chest as she watched Steve land painfully hard on the old factory floor. She heard the crack of something shatter inside of him, and her vision blurred for a second before she remembered what she came back for.

Her head turned slowly towards Trask, and he stared at her with so much fear in his eyes that she actually smiled. That fear in his eyes brought her back to the day she found out every lie the team had told her, and she raised her hands up and to shoot a hex at him, but she saw Sapphire move towards her, and she was left with no choice but to shield herself from the ball of blue fire that headed straight for her.

And it was then, when she felt something open inside of herself. 

Chaos.

___

"Wanda!" Vision screamed from behind Tony, and before Vision could fly past him, he pushes Vision back inside of the stairwell, and he was stronger than Tony but Tony fought back.

"You'll do a lot more damage if you go in there!" he screamed at Vision, and Vision stopped, and looked at Tony's sweaty face and took a step back. Screams were coming from the other side of the door, and Tony couldn't tell if it was his people screaming, or Trask. "I'll get her out, you go out and wait with the others. Tell them to wait out there."

He trusted that Vision would do as he said, and so Tony turned and rushed back into the room, where he saw madness unleash from every corner of the room.