|Epilogue|

||The world is not ready for you, nor will it be ready when you make it bleed.||

"She has barely slept since we left New York. I don't know what to do to help her."

"Bring her back."

"I can't."

"What will you do, then?"

"I'll take her somewhere far, somewhere safe."

"Pietro, you don't have to do that."

"Yes I do. I know her better than you ever will."

"You have a home here. You can come back—"

"I can't bring her back, not yet."

Wanda pushed herself up from where she was sitting and went straight outside, where she hoped that the sound of Steve's voice over the phone would disappear. She had no idea why Pietro had called him, or why he felt like she needed "help," but it made her feel terrible.

That's how it has been for a week, and every time she brought up the idea of going back to New York to Pietro, he would quickly shut down the suggestion. He saw something wrong with her, and although she did feel different, there was nothing physically different, and not even her powers proved to be changing.

Whatever she had felt that day in the factory—that deep rooted power—was gone. The taste of it still lingered, but that was all, but Pietro believed she needed time away from everyone—from Steve.

Her boots kicked at the cold ground as she stood beside a tree overlooking a deserted field full of dead grass and unborn flowers. The night they left New York, Pietro drove them far away, down south to the quiet areas of the country. From what she remembered, they had passed a sign that read North Carolina, and somehow, Pietro found a quiet cabin not long after.

For a week, they had been staying here, resting and thinking. She missed New York, and she missed the team and the sound of the city and the lights of the buildings. Everything she had grown used to was now only a part of her memory.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice tired, but steady. She didn't bother turning to look at him, she just kept her gaze out over the field, where the wind whistled in her ear and the birds sang evening songs that she wished she could understand.

"When can we go back?" she asked—a redundant question, but she asked it anyway, just in case he had changed his mind in the few minutes she had been outside.

"We're going back to Sokovia, or at least what's left of it. We need to be around our people again."

She turned, her brows furrowing as she digested his words. Sokovia? What did they have in Sokovia that wasn't already destroyed? That wasn't already dead?

"I don't want to go there, Pietro," she said, crossing her arms. "It's nothing but rubble and darkness, and you'd be cruel to take me back there. Take me anywhere but there."

He opened his mouth to speak, but she raised her hand, silencing him.

"You were gone for nine months, and I had to learn to live without you for the first time in my life," she paused, her voice cracking. "For nine months I was living with people I barely knew, but they never mistreated me or pushed me away. You were gone, Pietro, and I made a new family because I couldn't stand the thought of living without one. And now you've taken me away from them..." her skin grew hot and she heard herself growl. "You know how much they mean to me, and you took me away!" her hands came up, and her hex flew into the tree beside Pietro, barely missing him.

The sound of the tree splitting in half echoed through the field, and the birds above scattered away as it came falling down. She stared up at the tree as it fell slowly above her, inching closer and closer to her. Her breath caught in her throat as she stared at it, and her skin crawled as she caught herself hoping for it to fall on her.

Pietro was by her side in a second, picking her up and running her inside of the cabin, away from the falling tree. When it slammed against the ground, the earth under them shook wildly, and Wanda's mouth dried up as her temper diminished.

That feeling that had been dormant for a week had returned, and it felt worse than it had that night in the factory.

"We leave tomorrow," Pietro said, storming down the hall and into one of the bedrooms.

***********************

A/N: The twins are headed home, and you and I are headed to the sequel!

Okay, let me talk to you about what I plan on doing for the second part of this story:

First of all, I am going to focus heavily on character development. Agony was centered mainly on Wanda dealing with Pietro's absence, as well as Trask and the mutants. I didn't really have a chance to focus on the characters, so I want to do that for the sequel!

Wanda is dealing with something, and it has a lot to do with her magic, and I can't wait to tap into this part of Wanda's character, because my favorite thing about Wanda is that she is very unpredictable, and at times can be extremely dangerous. This is why Pietro takes her away—he's not only trying to keep her safe, but everyone else safe as well.

I'm also going to write a very domesticated version of the Avengers, because I really created a complicated plot for Agony that even I sometimes had trouble working with, so for the sequel I don't plan on developing anything too dramatic and difficult lol.

Relationships between the characters is going to be a lot more fleshed out, and I'm super excited about that because I love creating chemistry between these characters, and I just love building onto their relationship. I will work with Steve/Bucky, the twins, NatBucky, and a lot more with Wanda and Tony. I feel like they've dealt with similar issues in terms of guilt and loss, so I want to build more to that already strong relationship.

There might be some characters that I won't bring into the sequel, but I'm still not sure who those characters might be. I think Thor and Vision will be staying in Asgard for the sequel, but those two are the only one's I'm sure will not be in the sequel as much.

One more thing: I will be going back to fix any typos or plot errors in all 70 chapters, just to make it smoother, and I'll be doing that during my spring break (which is next week god bless) and I'll let you all know when I finish doing that.

So, I might as well tell you the title of the sequel...

The sequel to Agony is going to be called Chaos. So prepare yourselves my friends, this ride isn't over yet.

If you have any questions about the sequel or Agony, please let me know in the comments or in my messages! And once again, thank you for reading Agony, this has been so much fun for me, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did❤️