Chapter 13

||"We will stay together until the very end."||

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Promise me something?"

"Yes."

"We will stay together until the very end."

"I promise you, sister. I will never leave you."

The darkness woke Wanda, and as her eyes fluttered opened, she realized that she was in the medical room once again. The only light that was on was the lamp that was near the door. For a second, everything felt normal. Her thoughts hadn't woken yet, so the only thing on Wanda's mind was the lamp she was staring at.

Then it all came crashing down.

The chest pain.

The coughing.

The blood.

All of it.

Nothing made sense to Wanda anymore, and she knew deep down that something was going on. She could feel it in her bruised heart every time she took a breath. It'll be four months in a few days; four months since Pietro died, yet she still couldn't let herself admit the truth. She didn't want to admit anything. Wanda kept her fears and worries inside of her mind so that only she could access them. Her mind was her dark place: a cold, fragile room filled with memories and truths. It was completely terrifying.

Her stomach still ached, but as she sat up on the bed, she felt her head clear. She didn't know how long she had spent in the medical room, but from the looks of it, it had been a few days. There were old gauges sitting on the table in front of her bed, with dry blood on them that looked days old.

The lights in the hallway were off when Wanda got out of bed and stepped out. Her feet were bare, and the tiled floor sent cold shivers up her legs. She looked down at her hand and saw that it was bandaged up. She didn't remember that at all.

She walked down the hall to the elevator and decided to see if anyone was in Tony's apartment. She hoped she'd see Steve, because it felt like days since she last saw him, and she missed his strong chest and sweet smell. The elevator doors opened up on Tony's floor, but the lights were out. Either every was already asleep, or no one was home.

She padded through the living room and up the stairs to Tony's work lab. Sometimes at night she would hear Tony and Jarvis talking to each other, and the sound of Tony talking about his inventions made her fall right back to sleep. But as she stepped foot into his lab, she found no one. She didn't even hear Jarvis buzzing around, which was odd.

With the feeling of something wrong in her throat, Wanda decided to check if Tony was in his bedroom. It was her last resort, and if he wasn't there, then he must have been somewhere in the city. As she opened the door to his bedroom, she was welcomed to the sight of Pepper sleeping peacefully on their large bed. Wanda looked around their bedroom to make sure Tony wasn't there, then closed the door and headed back down the hall.

They must have been in the city somewhere, and that meant Wanda had Tony's apartment all to herself.

She eyed the bar for a few seconds before deciding against it. Wanda was in no mental state to be drinking. Then she walked towards the balcony and stepped outside. The air was cool, and she looked over the edge and smiled as she saw tiny ant-like people walking through the streets.

The moon glistened against the glass windows of the Stark tower, and it's reflection trickled onto Wanda's skin, making her look like stained glass.