Valentine's Day In The Light

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later, Nic comes out of the bathroom

A few minutes later, Nic comes out of the bathroom. Luna immediately gets up and walks over to him, but before she can open her mouth, he shuts her up with his finger on her lips, spins her around and grabs her by the shoulders.

Nicolae: When the boss is here, baby, nobody talks.

An exclamation of surprise, mixed with awe but also relief, escapes her lips when she sees Sebastian and JJ smiling at her in front of her. She turns and looks at Nicolae with astonished eyes.

Luna: How did they get here?

Nicolae: They teleported. JJ has that ability, among others.

Luna: And how did they know to come? You didn't talk to each other on the phone.

Nicolae: I've communicated telepathically with Sebastian. He's our leader and we're all connected to him.

Luna's gaze goes from one to the other without saying a word. In fact, none of them speak. They want to give her the time her brain needs to process and accept this first information. Meanwhile, Nicolae takes the breakfast tray and gives a hefty tip to the groom who brought it. Sebastian and JJ sit on the couch while Luna remains frozen.

Nicolae puts the tray on the coffee table and serves the hot fragrant coffee to the guests. He then walks over to Luna and gets her to sit on the other couch, gently nudging her. He presses a mug of coffee into her hand and brings her hand to her mouth.

Nicolae: Take a sip.

She drinks like a robot, not taking her eyes off Sebastian.

Sebastian: You know, Nic ... Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for us to show up in front of her like that. I feel like we broke her.

JJ: Nope. She's tough, Chief. She's not going to be broken that easily. I can feel her strength. She can handle it.

Nicolae: I think so, too. Right, baby?

Nicolae's voice snaps her out of nirvana and she asks the first question that comes to mind.

Luna: Are you aliens?