Epilogue: Is this the...End?

The drive back home was quiet. No one said anything to each other. Rosa sat in the back sit of Marco's SUV, fast asleep. Athena and Marco talked quietly amongst themselves.

Returning home was also quiet. Andrea asked what happened to which Rosa broke down crying, telling her madre everything that she needed to know, to which she responded in wrapping her arms around Rosa and hugging her softly, rubbing her back and telling her everything is going to be okay, no what matter what happens next in the future.

After all that crying, Rosa was fast asleep once again. But she deserves that rest after everything she went through. Marco placed Rosa down in her bed and covered her up, letting her sleep the peaceful sleep that she deserves.

~~~~~~~~~2 years later~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosa Romano

I had just finished taking the orders of a few tables. Athena had came to visit me, watching me work at the local family owned diner, not to far from where I stayed.

I'm still stayed with my madre and Marco. Athena moved in with Carlos and is now filling out an application for a clothing store. I had just finished giving out orders when my manager, Nico, told me to go take a break, since I've been "overworking" myself lately. I laughed it off and clocked out, grabbing my bag and walking over to Athena, sitting down with her.

"How's the application coming along Athena?" She looked up at me.

"I'd just finished it actually and sent it through. Hopefully they hire me. As much as I loved stripping and making drinks, I found a place that fits me and it's a clothing store." I smiled softly, nodding.

"Does Carlos still work there?" She nodded.

"Oh yeah, he says he loves working there. I don't blame him. Yes the pay is great, but he's been there for years, I understand if he doesn't want to leave." I nodded, agreeing with her.

"So, what are you doing after work Rosa?"

I looked at her. "Probably go home and sleep honestly. I think Nico is right, I've been overworking myself for no reason whatsoever." Athena nodded. "I think that's your best bet. Besides, you have no reason to overwork yourself yet alone stressing and worrying about whatever it is your worrying about."

I nodded my head knowing she's right about everything she is saying. I guess it was just hard. With everything that happened two years ago with...him...my mind still wanders to that very day. Why didn't he say anything? Why did he just stare at me as I poured my heart out to him. I was a fool.

~Flashback~

"Look Alessandro, I want to forget everything that happened that night, it hurts me to even think about that happened. I don't want to think about that night anymore cause it just brings me down and hurts me more and more to the point of tears coming out of my eyes." I sighed and took a deep breath, not wanting to cry right now.

"Listen Alessandro, working here has been fun, but I don't want to be here for the rest of my life. Sure it's great money and the tips are amazing, but this isn't my life Alessandro. Working at a strip club, no! I can't do that forever Alessandro, I want you to understand that for me please!" I pulled on my hair, stressing over this stupid conversation that should've have to happen, but it is.

Alessandro said nothing. I sighed and backed up away from him. "Look, I think we should get a break. I mean I feel like I barely spend time with my best friend or my madre, I'm always with you and not that that's not a bad thing, but I want space sometimes Alessandro and I want you to understand that. I'm not saying that I don't love you or I don't want to be around you, I just want to spend with other people in my life too."