02: Nails

Hobie sat down on a stool outside on the balcony

Hobie sat down on a stool outside on the balcony. His hands placed over a cloth as he stared puzzle at what (Y/n) was doing. She had a bunch of acrylic supplies out. Recently she had learned how to make acrylic nails and her first client would be her dear fiancee.

" Um, what's that for?"

Hobie asked as he stared at the scissors, pointers and the cuticle remover.

" Oh, to clean the nail before adding the product."

Hobie was wondering why the bloody heck did you need to clean the nail. Once (Y/n) set everything up and put her Spotify shuffle on, she extended her hand and made a grabby motion.

" Gimme your hand."

Hobie listen and gave his hand to her as he scrolled on his phone. Did he have an absolute idea of what was going on? No. Did he know why he even agree to do this? Because his fiancee said so. Did he care? Absolutely not.

(Y/n) grabbed the cuticle remover and pushed the cuticle back. Hobie flinched slightly as he frowned at her slightly.

" Bloody hell are you doing?"

He looked at his finger. (Y/n) raised a brow and took his hand again.

" Just removing the cuticle. It doesn't hurt."

( A/n: Removing the cuticle is not necessary. And it hurts to sensitive clients. Nail tips! Logic don't work here though so Hobie will go through the process ᕙ⁠(⁠ ͡⁠◉⁠ ͜⁠ ⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠◉⁠)⁠ᕗ)

Hobie huffed and tried to ignore the burning feeling. After two minutes of unbearable slight pain, he was debating if he should still let her do his nails. (Y/n) grabbed the machine and put a thin pointer in before starting to pass it over his nail.

The sentation was weird but not too bad. Later she started placing the plastic nail after cleaning and placing cuticle oil. It was going smoothly so far now. He picked the colors and everything. It was nice, it had a few rock designs around and cool spider webs.

" We're done, right? Love."

Hobie asked with just one hand done.
(Y/n) shook her head.

" Nope. I still have to make the nails a little straight and then start with the other hand."

Hobie groaned and placed his head on the table. (Y/n) rolled her eyes at his whining. Filing his finish nails was painful due to the file being brand new. Everything so far seemed painful to Hobie.

" Hon. I haven't even touch you yet. What are you whining about?"

(Y/n) gave him a deadpan look as he clenched his teeth.

" I see it coming and I don't like it. It hurts, it bloody hurts!"

(Y/n) poked his forehead before holding his finger hard so he wouldn't feel the vibration of the file and start whining again. For sometime he stopped and watched her calmly do her thing.

Two hours later, she was done coating and placing oil. She was very satisfied with her work.

" So, what ya think?"

Hobie looked at his now acrylic hands. The feeling was weird but he enjoyed them slightly. The design was cool.

" They're nice. I like them."

Hobie grin. (Y/n) nodded in proudness. Her face fell though, after she heard one question:

" How do you get them out?"

Yeah, short story long, (Y/n) knew how to make them not get them out. A sheepish smile formed on her lips as she shrug.

" YouTube tutorial?"

Hobie stared at her, hoping this was all just a single little tiny joke. Her face didn't change and Hobie then knew he messed up.

" (Y/n). Tell me. Right now. You know how to get this loopy nails off."

(Y/n) sigh and stood up. Slowly making her way next to the glass sliding door.

" Hobie. You know that I love you. And I would never lie to you. But for today I wish I could lie. So I will: I do know how to get them off, once I see an hour long tutorial."

Hobie shot up from the chair while (Y/n) ran over to their bedroom closet and hid.

" (Y/n)...come out. I just have one more question."

Hobie asked as he sat on their bed. (Y/n) opened the closet door by a little.

" Yeah?"

" Can I play guitar with them?"

Silence was all there was. (Y/n) smiled and closed the door.

" No! Sorry!"

Hobie grumble as he leaned down on the bed.

" Why do I even listen to you, woman?!?"

Hobie opened the closet door and looked down at her.

" I want these off. Now."

(Y/n) sigh, knowing she was going to suffer watching a boring tutorial for an hour. At least Hobie watched it with her. Something was made clear that day, never ever, I mean never was Hobie getting his nails done again. Unfortunately, he can't beat the sweet little demanding voice of his fiancee when she said to practice gel nails.

•°•°•°

Thank you for reading!
Please vote for more chapters!