Chapter 82

The next day...

Harmony's pov

I stare down at the sheet in front of me. It's sheet music for the song I wrote, that I'm going to sing in the talent show today and I feel really good about the song, I just hope it's good enough, not necessarily to win because I don't really care about winning, I just like to perform on stage and please the crowd.

Ever since this talent show has been held on a yearly basis, I have always wanted to participate but never did due to my lack of confidence.

I just want to make my family proud tonight and I don't want to mess up in front of everyone because that would be embarrassing and I'd likely become the laughing stock of Mystic falls.

I get up from the piano, collecting the sheet music and song book containing the song lyrics and head upstairs.

I reach the landing and head up into the attic. "Ew" I grimace as I see a spider hanging down from its web "don't mind me, Frederick" I mutter as I move past the spider.

I look around the attic before my eyes land on a box that's sort of tucked away in a corner. I walk over to it and pull it out, setting my song book and sheet music down as I get on my knees.

I notice the lid is thick with dust so I blow at it making me cough as it goes everywhere. I remove the lid and set it down on the floor before seeing tissue paper covering the contents.

I pull the tissue paper back and see dozens of tapes and photo albums. I pull a tape out and see something written on it.

A song for my broken heart

I frown before pulling out another tape which also has something written on it.

A song to help my babies sleep

I look over the other tapes and see most of them appear to be songs while others I'm not too sure of as they aren't really labelled or the label has faded away.

I divert my attention to the photo album and realise it must be the pictures of my parents from when they dated. I know my mom still possessed some of the pictures but she just hid them away so I never really saw any well except for the one solo picture of my dad I found when I was 7 and snooping around.

I open the book and the first two pictures are of my mom pretending to lick my dad's face as he has a small smile on his face. The other is of them sharing a kiss.

 The other is of them sharing a kiss