Chapter 56

The next day...later in the evening

Kol's pov

Me and Rebekah arrive at Davina's house for game night and I knock on the door. I hear someone approaching before the door is opened revealing Ethan "sup" he says with a nod of his head.

"Hey son" I say with a smile "mom they're here!" he yells "invite them in!" Davina yells back "come in, we've just been preparing" he replies stepping aside to let me and Rebekah enter "so what games are we playing?" Rebekah asks "you'll see" Ethan replies shutting the door before walking ahead of us.

I enter the living room and see Keira and Harmony setting down some board games on the table before looking up "right on time dad" Harmony says with a smile as she walks over and gives me a hug making me smile. 

Davina enters wearing a pair of blue denim jeans, a black tank top and a white cardigan over the top "hey" she says as she greets me and Rebekah "hey, where's Gabriel?" Rebekah asks "oh he's in bed, he's a little too young for game night and it's past his bed time" Davina replies "how come he's too young for game night?" she asks "well you see game night tends to get a little violent and intense at times so kids under the age of 12 can't participate" Keira explains "game night only started getting intense and violent as you three got older" Davina says as she hands Rebekah a glass of red wine.

"How come game night gets violent and intense?" I ask curiously "we're extremely competitive" Keira answers "ah so just like your father?" Rebekah retorts "yes exactly like him" Davina replies with a nod of her head "hey" I say in mock offense "it's the truth, they get their competitiveness from you Kol" she says "well you could be quite competitive yourself at times darling" I retort with a smirk as I notice her cheeks tint pink.

She clears her throat and claps her hands together "anyway let's get things started shall we?" she suggests looking at the triplets "yes let's so I can start kicking all your asses" Keira says slapping her hands down on her thighs as she looks around at all of us and Ethan scoffs.

"What are you talking about? if anyone is going be kicking ass tonight it's gonna be me as always" Ethan says rather confidently and Harmony snorts "fat chance of that happening since you're a what's the word? Oh yeah that's right you're a loser" she says "ohh burn" Keira says high fiving her sister "I'm no loser my sweet delusional sister" Ethan retorts "the only one who is delusional here is you asshat" Keira retorts in a sassy tone.

"Alright that's enough, let's be nice yeah" Davina says giving them a look "mom you know that's not gonna happen tonight" Ethan says making her sigh "well a mother can only hope" she mutters as she takes a sip of wine.

 "So what will we be playing tonight exactly?" I ask "first we're gonna kick the night of with a good old game of twister" Keira announces holding up the game and a smirk instantly appears on my face while I notice Davina's cheeks turn pink indicating she's thinking about what just sprung to my mind.

We played a game of twister once, we were both partially drunk and decided to play twister in our underwear which definitely made the game more interesting and well let's just say that game ended with a bang, right on the twister mat. Geez I hope it's not the same twister game we used because that would be awkward.

"Interesting choice, I heard that's a fun game" Rebekah comments "oh it is, we played it a lot as a kids" Harmony replies "yeah that one was a favourite of your parents" she says with a devious smirk making both me and Davina narrow her eyes at her.

The triplets look confused at first but they suddenly scrunch their faces up and shiver "we don't even want to know" Keira says with a shiver "good now let's play the game" Davina replies trying to ease the slight tension in the room.