Chapter 63

Later that day...

Hope's pov

"Everything's fine dad, stop worrying" I say to my dad on the phone who called because he was worried and wanted to know I was okay. He always worries about me when I'm away from him because he thinks I might end up in some kind of trouble or something bad might happen to me if he's not there.

"You would tell me if anything was wrong right?" he questions making me sigh "yes dad, of course I would but you need to quit worrying about me every 5 seconds because I'm okay, I promise, now I've got to go" I say before hanging up the phone before he could say anything else. I love my dad, really I do but sometimes he just worries too much or as Aunt Rebekah says he's extremely paranoid.

I walk out of the school and see a bit of a crowd forming outside the building where the auditorium is, some people aren't wearing the school uniform so I make my way over and as I near the building where the crowd is, I come across Landon and Devon.

I quickly fix my hair and straighten out my clothes and I may or may have not undone one of the buttons of my shirt to show off a bit of my chest. What? Can't a girl make herself look nice to impress two cute boys.

"Hey Landon, Hey Devon" I say with a smile as I greet them "hey Hope" Landon replies with a big smile while Devon just flashes a shy smile and nods "so what's going on over there?" I ask gesturing to the crowd that has seemingly formed into a line.

"Oh it's the auditions for the town talent show today, they are being held at the auditorium because there's no other place big enough" Landon explains making me frown "I thought the auditions weren't until another week?" I ask "the auditions were brought forward a week" Landon further explains making me nod "are people allowed to watch the auditions?" I ask "no, the auditions are private" he replies "okay who are the judges?" I ask "I only know of two the mayor and the sheriff" he replies "sheriff Matt Donovan?" I ask making him nod.

"Yeah him" he replies "wow, I sure hope there aren't many students from this school auditioning" I say folding my arms across my chest "why'd you say that?" Devon questions "because Sheriff Donovan hates any supernatural so his vote would be rather biased" I respond "he can't do that, he has to vote fairly it's the rules" Landon replies "well I doubt Sheriff Donovan will follow the rules" I respond "you don't know that, he might be genuine and not biased whatsoever" he replies "I hope you're right" I respond before spotting my cousin Harmony lining up.

"Hey Harmony" Devon says as we walk over "oh hey guys" she replies flashing a smile "you auditioning for the talent show?" he asks "yeah, I know it's probably lame but I just like singing" she replies "well I bet you'll be amazing" he replies making her smile brighten up "thank you" she replies biting her lip before shyly glancing down at the floor.

"What are you singing?" I ask curiously "just some song I wrote" she replies "cool, can we hear a bit of the song?" I ask and she instantly shakes her head "no, I'd rather save it for the judges plus there are far too many people out here" she says glancing at the long line of people.

"That shouldn't be a problem for you, I mean you performed in the school play and the audience was huge" I say "well that was different, that audience consisted of people who were parents of students that come to this school. These people on the other hand are people I don't know" she replies before Lizzie and Keira walk over.

"Hey girlie" they say as they reach us, Lizzie side hugs Harmony "hey you auditioning?" Harmony asks "no but Josie is, I don't know where she is though" Lizzie replies before she and Keira turn to me, Lizzie narrows her eyes at me while Keira just nods at me but says nothing which is nothing new since she most completely ignores me, so actually her nodding at me is a slight improvement because at least she acknowledged me.