Chapter 30

Blazen. Utter blazen. Averin was still an asshole that did not care how tired I was nor how much I was struggling, in fact, he was even rougher than usual. He wasn't hesitating for even a second after I hit the ground, taking the little rest I had.

          "Come on," he grinned, motioning me at him while he bounced on his feet, completely unaffected. Glaring I wiped the sweat from my cheek with a heavy arm, panting as I ground my teeth. Doing as told, I lunged at him, swinging my fist at the quickly retreating boy that laughed at the attempt. Without any mercy, he sent a kick into my waist, my eyes shaking at the force and my legs failing to catch me as I practically flew. "That was too obvious," He hummed, pulling his leg back as I could only gurgle on the ground, one of him turning to two to three.

          The kick was hard and perfectly aimed, slamming into my nose. "You know, you're still not allowed in the medical wing, right?" His voice rang in my ears as the sun blared down at me, my body not listening as I gasped for breath, the metallic taste trying to drown me as I coughed. "So you better start fighting back,"

         Glaring at him again, I rolled onto all fours, spitting blood as it poured from my nose, my shoulders shaking to support me as he stared down at me with pleased eyes and a hand on his hip. Enjoying this. "L-let me use magic," I demanded while he let out a hum, still staring.

         "... No," He grinned flicking his fingers at me, demanding I get up.

        "Because you know you'll lose?" I panted, stumbling to my feet as I wiped the unstopping blood from my nose.

         "Because I'm not allowed to kill you," He said as his head dropped to the side, not moving from his spot as he ran his red eyes over me with a calculating hue.

         "... Kill, huh?" I snorted, wavering on my feet, "You really think you could kill me?" I couldn't help but taunt, tired of this, of him.

        "Oh?" He grinned, his relaxed posture unchanging, knowing it to be just that. A taunt. A tired and angry demand for him to end it. I couldn't win, he knew that, I knew that. "... Alright, you can use your magic, no Vitreus, no Latro, and in turn, I won't use mine," He let the unexpected words leave his mouth while I paused. No Vitreus, no Latro.

          It took all of a second for a sword to find my fingers. My body leaped forward as I brought it just behind my opposing shoulder, aiming straight for his throat. "There it is~" He grinned shooting forward, his hand slamming into my wrist and forcefully stopping my swing as our breath mixed at the microscopic distance between us. "That fire, that hatred," His gaze flickered down for a moment as I ground my teeth and shoved my other hand forward, a crude spike finding it in a rush.

         Snatching my other wrist his grin turned smug as he didn't so much as break eye contact, "Still too obvious," He tightened his grip on both my wrists as my face twisted at the sharp pain of my bones grinding. "Now what?" He leaned into my ear as I jerked against his crushing grip, unsuccessful in my attempts to escape.

         Stomping on his foot I tried to jolt back, but still, he did not move. Humming he met my gaze again. "What happened? I let you use your magic," He snickered as my jaw clenched tighter, shooting my knee up, he quickly released a wrist to stop the attack of his most sensitive of places. With that free hand, I pushed his unmoving chest, his brow raising as his eyes moved away from the danger of my knee to stare up at me. "Good idea, but you're too close for me not to notice,"

          "You're making fun of me," I glared, digging my nails into his chest as he smiled, a stupid condescending smile.

         "Am I?" I was going to kill him.