Chapter 9

Jungkook did not miss any second to flood Jimin with compliments the moment they entered the car. Every time Jimin did something remotely attractive Jungkook would swoon over him. He would thank his stars for having a person that beautiful be with him. He knows, everyone is going to be so damn jealous of him and he would wear that smirk loud and proud.

Currently Jimin was talking about something that happened while he was working and Jungkook was listening to him with utmost concentration. Not that there would ever be a time that he wouldn't listen to Jimin.

" And then Samantha my assistant came to support me because that mean Dr. Lee was trying to take credit for something I clearly accomplished. You know kook, it was so frustrating!" Jimin said while scrunching his nose.

"I understand Chim. I mean I also have had such credit hogger's but the fact that someone would do it when saving someone's life is so weird."

" Oh I know why he was doing that. He wanted to take the place of the lead surgeon who just retired and he knows that I am next in line. His little ego just couldn't handle that, so he tried cheap tactics to play the better person. UGH! I hate such people." Jimin crossed his hands and sat stewing in anger.

" But it's alright now, I know you are going to be the best and lets just focus on the night ahead because we have reached the location." Just then Jimin came out of his trance to look outside his window. He couldn't say a word because his jaw was dropped.

Right in front of him, stood a mansion 5 storey tall and extremely huge decorated with all types of lights and a fountain right in front of their car. It was made to look like an ancient Victorian castle and it certainly looked the part. There were statues everywhere, even the gardens were decorated with certain miniature sculptures. It looked like he had been invited to the King's ball and not a charity event.

The people there were also extremely sophisticated. They were all dressed in luxury outfits. Jimin was now feeling anxious of his choice because he thought he wasn't looking good as compared to the rest of the people there. But, suddenly his thoughts were driven away when he noticed Jungkook had intertwined their hands and started walking towards the paparazzi. He looked up at Jungkook only to see him look back and give Jimin a warm smile to indicate that he was safe.

This calmed Jimin's nerves a lot and he now stood confidently in front of the paps. When he was side hugged by Jungkook in front of the camera, he involuntarily smiled the brightest, looking like the prettiest person in the room. Once all the photos were taken, they headed in to the main lobby where all the guests were mingling and chatting amongst themselves. There was a lot of alcohol and appetizers were being carried by the waiters for the guests.

Jungkook spoke up, " Do you want something to drink? I might get myself something so you just wait here till then."

" Oh sure Kook! Just get me a glass of wine." Jimin was now quite comfortable because as he looked around the attention wasn't on him.

" Okay. I'll be right back" As Jungkook wandered away to get the drinks, Jimin started looking around to see if he knew anyone, but to no avail. Although he did see someone looking at him very funny. He decided to wave at him to check if he was looking at him. He waved back and started walking towards him.

" Hey, do I know you?" Jimin asked him with curiosity.

" I don't think you do but I do know Mr. Jeon. I saw you came with him. Actually everyone saw that you came with him." Jimin was a little shocked to know that everyone would take interest in who Jungkook brings to the ball.

" Umm... I actually don't know what to say about that information. Why would they even be looking at us?"

" You don't know?? I thought Mr. Jeon would have told you..." Now this peaked Jimin's interest a lot.