30

Yoko, Divina, Bianca, and Enid wait in the living room area of the loft for Tana and Wednesday. The four girls have already been accustomed to San Francisco's fall weather. Enid wears a pink skirt with a white frilly long-sleeve blouse. Yoko has black skinny jeans on with a black and red sweater on top. Bianca wears green cargo pants with a pink zip-up hoodie. Divina just wears jeans and a hoodie with a puffer vest over it.

Tana comes out of the bathroom. She wears white sweatpants and a white crewneck sweatshirt with the Adidas logo on it.

"Ooo, I love that sweater!" Enid smiles.

"Thanks. It... it used to be my Dad's," Tana explains.

"It's cute," Bianca smiles, "Was he tall? It's giant on you."

"Yeah, he was 6'4". I didn't get his height, obviously," The redhead smiles. It's been so long since she's thought about her parents. It sounds horrible to say, but Tana didn't want to think about them after what happened. It was easy to do since she was thrown into the whole new environment that is Nevermore Academy. Then, the fire and the falling out with Enid sent her into isolation much like she felt before. She had no idea that her life would turn around when the new girl and a monster would come to town.

"Dang!" Divina comments.

"Well, at least you're taller than Wednesday," Bianca jokes. The girl comes out of the guest bedroom in a black turtleneck shirt and black pants. Nobody is surprised or really sure that Wednesday had changed at all.

"I do not mind being smaller in stature, contrary to popular belief," Wednesday joins right in on their conversation, "Being smaller makes me more agile."

"Okay, Addams," Bianca laughs.

"I was also thinking, we could grill at the fire pits?" Enid asks, changing the subject.

"That sounds fun!" Yoko smiles.

"Cool, we can pack the stuff up and head to the beach," The werewolf leads the girls back downstairs to the kitchen, "What is everyone feeling? We have steak, chicken, pork, whatever you want really."

"I could go for a steak," Yoko tilts her head to the side, "Rare, of course."

"Steak sounds good," Divina agrees. Bianca nods.

"Enid," Wednesday says. The werewolf turns from her freezer to face Wednesday, "Since you are hosting, I would like to request that I prepare the meal?"

"Oh, hell no! You're gonna poison us!" Bianca immediately objects.

"Bianca!" Enid whines.

"What? I'm sorry but you want a girl who likes all things death to prepare a meal for us?" The siren asks.

"She's never poisoned me," Tana points out.

"Well, that's because——"

"If I wanted to kill you, it would've been done already, Barclay," Wednesday cuts Enid off before she says something she shouldn't, "And I wouldn't do it by poisoning you. Far too passive for me."

The girls fall silent. Divina sighs, "Well, that's relieving to know."

"You promise you're not gonna kill us? Or drug us?" Enid asks.

"I swear. On my late scorpion's soul," Wednesday looks up briefly. Enid looks over to Bianca, who was the one to object in the first place.

"Fine," She gives in. Enid smiles and claps her hands excitedly.

"I'll pack up the steaks," She says.

"Can I take a look at your spice selection?" Wednesday inquires. Enid nods and shows her the spice cabinet. Wednesday begins to lift up little containers and examine them closely. The werewolf works on packing up the frozen steaks in a cooler while Wednesday pulls out a plethora of different spices. Enid then grabs some sauces from their fridge before putting them in the cooler.

only this and nothing moreजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें