9

"When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind," Enid comments. Wednesday spent all morning compiling all the files from the coroner's, along with the pictures taken.

"Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection," Wednesday retorts.

"Is this why you snuck out last night?"

"Tan— Thing and I may have made an unsanctioned trip to the county morgue, to copy the files of the monster's victims," she stutters. She does not want to tell Enid that she was with Tana, now knowing the reason Enid dislikes her. Wednesday knows that and she knows that Enid would make a big deal out of the two hanging out. So she leaves it out altogether. After all, it isn't any of Enid's business.

"Okay, there are so many levels of ew in that statement and I don't even know where to begin," Enid comments.

"I need to get inside its head," Wednesday whispers to herself, "discover any patterns or anomalies. I've already made a big discovery."

She takes a couple of photos off the board and turns to her roommate, "Turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed."

She hands Enid the photos, "The first one a kidney, the second a finger——"

"Wednesday, I don't really feel——"

"Third a gall bladder," Wednesday holds her finger up to grab another photo, "And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes."

She hands a nauseous Enid the photo, "Do you understand what this means? These murders aren't mindless. He's collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer."

Enid faints behind her.

"It's quite impressive actually," she turns around, Enid no longer standing. She peers down, "Fetch the smelling salts. Again."

***

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception," Ms. Thornhill lectures. Tana and Wednesday sit behind Xavier. As he reaches down for a notebook, Wednesday notices three long scratches on his neck, "the orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in. Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N," Bianca comments, earning laughter from the other students.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework," Ms. Thornhill says as the students cheer, "But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee."

A couple of students raise their hands, "anyone interested, come and see me up here."

Wednesday, although could care less about whatever the Rave'N is, wears a confused expression.

"It's the school dance," Tana informs her, "disco balls, spiked punch, a DJ, all that."

"I would rather stick needles in my eyes," she comments, "I'll probably do that anyway."

"Or you could go with someone and have fun," the redhead suggests.

"Are you going to the school dance?" Wednesday questions.

"... No one's ever asked me before," she answers disappointedly. With that, she leaves. Wednesday goes to follow but catches another glimpse of Xavier's cuts. She follows him out to the woods. He goes into a shed. He stays inside the shed for a while, with no noise coming from it.