Awful People

AN: sorry it took so long for this update. I was having some major writers block, but I am now on a much needed vacation. So updates are coming!! This is also not edited at all.
—————————————————————————
"LAFD. Step aside, please." Bobby told them politely when we arrived on scene.

"I didn't know what to do." The older lady told Bobby. "I was afraid to move the car."

"You did the right thing. We'll take it from here." Bobby walked over to us.

"Do any of you have a pen? I've got a partial license plate. Somebody should write it down." The lady under the car said.

"Don't worry about the license plate, ma'am. It's right here on the back of the car." Eddie told her.

"Not this car." She groaned and I couldn't help but notice how familiar she was. "The car that hit me."

"Uh, wait, this isn't the car that hit you?" Buck asked her confused.

"No. This is the car that ran me over." She groaned. "Better be insured."

"Let's just focus on getting you out of here first, ma'am." Bobby told her and Eddie and I checked her vitals.

"I think there's enough room. We can slide a backboard under here and pull her out that way." Buck assessed looking under the car. "O-okay. Can you tell me your name?"

"Lorraine." She told him and it clicked in my brain.

"Hey wait. Don't we know you?" Hen looked at her curiously.

"Uh, no, I don't... I don't, I don't think so." Lorraine stumbled out.

"Last year. Hancock Park." I nodded at Hen.

"That's right. I never forget a femur." Chim butted in.

"It's the Porch Pirate." I smiled at Athena.

"Guess you moved from porches to parking lots, huh, Lorraine?" Athena asked her once she had been loaded up on the stretcher. "What's your scam?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I went to my court-mandated therapy treatment. I'm completely cured. Haven't stolen a package in months." She argued.

"Mm-hmm. I heard you settled with that homeowner," Athena shook her head.

"The house she fell in front of when she was package stealing?" Hen looked at Athena incredulously.

"I didn't realize you could sue someone for being injured during the commission of a felony." Chim shook his head.

"Plead down to a misdemeanor." Lorraine corrected him proudly making me roll my eyes.  "Insurance companies are happy to settle instead of going to court."

"Insurance companies are less happy with fraud. And I got three witnesses who claim you intentionally stepped out behind that poor woman's car. Makes me wonder what I might find when I pull the security footage from this parking lot." Athena pointed out to her, that her con was basically up, as I started walking back towards Buck and Eddie.

"I think you'll find a woman suffering from mobility issues. Lot of trouble walking since that fall on the steps. You know, I wonder if it's because I received unproper care on the scene." I heard her say from behind me, making me spin back around but not before both Buck and Eddie saw my face.

"So you're gonna sure us now?" Hen laughed at her.

"Oh, you folks are city employees. Probably don't make that much," She called out as they loaded her up on the truck.

"She want's mobility issues, huh?" I asked as I started to approach them. "I can give her mobility issues. All she had to do was ask."

I was stopped from going any further by Buck and Eddie wrapping their arms around me and basically carrying me back towards Bobby.