Monsters

AN//Heavily unedited, would like to apologize for how long this took to publish.
————————————————————————

"Alex you look terrible." Hen looked at me with a frown, holding out a cup of coffee. "I just finished making a pot."

"You're a life saver." I smiled at her accepting the cup happily. "Was working at the hospital yesterday."

It wasn't a lie, but it also wasn't the complete truth. I managed to drink a second cup of coffee and avoid Eddie when the alarm rang.

"Bird attacking kids, birds are evil." Chimney groaned.

I gave him a look. "Birds don't attack just to attack. So the better question is, what did those kids do to antagonize them."

"Evil birds." Chimney stared at me.

"You're impossible." I shook my head as we came to a stop.

We hurried over to the bus where the kids were.

"Two of my students, they were attacked by crows, they're trapped in there." The teacher said from inside the bus, as she pointed at a barn that had crows covered in crows.

I grinned walking back to the truck to dig into my bag, and grabbing what I needed.

"What is that?" Chimney asked.

"I'm sure you'd love to know." I grinned at him.

"Please elaborate?" Hen looked at me.

"Crows are extremely smart, and they can recognize faces." I started off with a grin. "And they also talk about you to other crows, so if you do them wrong all their friends know. Same as if you're kind to them, they can tell other crows. They also use tools and they can solve problems. Crows are actually really cool."

"Okay buy what's in there?" Hen asked pointing at the container in my hand.

I grinned wider. "Snacks and trinkets that crows like."

"And you just have that?" Chim looked at me alarmed.

"I have to have something to do on my breaks at the hospital." I shrugged.

"Crow army, that's cool." Eddie nodded.

I frowned my good mood immediately disappearing.

The crows stared cawing making Chimney look at them. "I think I've seen this movie." He commented.

"Okay, let's gear up." Bobby told us. "Turnouts and head protection. Let's go."

I shrugged grabbing my gear but keeping my container with me.

"You guys are moving so slow." I glanced at them.

Chim bent over to pick something up. "Damn clasp."

"It's fine, Chim, forget the name tag." Hen told him. "We all know who you are."

"This is weird." Eddie commented making me roll my eyes. "You see crows all over the city. Never heard about them attaching anybody."

"And that's because crows are very docile." Hen told him. "They don't attach unless they're provoked, like Alex said. No sudden moments, and we should be good."

"Damn it." Chimney groaned as his name tag fell again. He leaned down to get it when a crow landed on the jungle gym in front of us.

"Just leave it, Chim." Bobby told him.

"Copy that." Chim watched the crow as they continued to walk.

"Everybody stay calm." Bobby advised us.