Pilot

AN: this one is a little rough at least I think it is but 🤷‍♀️ the first official chapter is here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the engine talking to Hen about my brother and how I wished he'd be more careful at his job.

"Don't tell me Mateo got shot again?" Bobby asked looking back at us.

"No, even better. He went and got himself stabbed before getting thrown off the fucking roof." I shook my head. "I swear I'm still raising him."

Once we stopped, I hurried out of the engine following Bobby and Hen into the building. Chimney beside me and the newer guy Buck behind us.

"Okay, Buck start chest compressions. Hen, start bagging him."

"Got you Captain." Hen replied as we reached the boy.

"Ma'am come with me. I need to get my team in there. Don't worry, he's going to be alright." Bobby said moving the mother out of the way.

"Get some of that water out." Hen spoke as she kneeled next to the boy's head.

"Coming around, starting compressions." Buck informed us as he moved.

"Pulse ox is on." I told them as I helped Chimney with the pads.

"Pad's are on." He said.

"How long was he underwater?" I asked turning towards Bobby and the mother.

"I don't know. A few minutes, maybe." She shakily replied.

"Does he have any medical conditions?" Bobby began asking her a few more questions.

"No."

"Is he on any medications?"

"No."

"18, 19, 20. Go." Buck said as I turned on the defibrillator.

It shocked him, "No rhythm." Chimney told us.

"Go again." I turned to him for a moment, before looking back at the kid.

"Come on kid. You can do this, come on." I muttered to myself, hoping whatever greater power heard me.

"Its coming, its coming, its coming." Hen announced as he started coughing up water.

"Hey. Hey, kid. That's it. Get it out." I heard Buck say making me let out a sigh of relief.

"Good job, kid." I heard Bobby say.

"Good job, good job." Hen assured the boy.

"All right, kid. Your mom is right here." Bobby told him as she came over and knelt down next to his head.

"You're gonna be okay." I told him softly.

"Thank you." the mom said before she looked down at her son. "You'll be okay."

"Alright, lets get him to the hospital." Bobby said as the kid was loaded up on a stretcher.

Bobby's radio went off as soon as we got into the engine.

"We've got another call." He said as we took off again.

"I'm going up." Bobby said once we got there.

"Are you sure? I can do it." I offered.

"I got it this time, Alex." He nodded at me.

I watched the two of them interact for a moment before she let go, I quickly turned away but that didn't block out the noise.

We were standing around the kitchen, and I was helping Bobby cook, while Chimney was talking.

"I know exactly what that polite, distant smile means. She's bored. One foot out the door. This women's so far out of my league, but she's just once-in-a-lifetime. I can't let her go." He told us.