Trapped

"He's trapped inside the garbage truck?" I questioned worried and confused.

"Yeah. We're really racing against the clock here." Bobby told us through the headsets.

"What's this dude's problem?" Hen asked into the radio.

"Seriously? He doesn't hear us?" Buck looked at Bobby.

"We're gonna have to get in front of him." Bobby told Buck.

"Okay." Buck pushed on the gas pedal and moved into the other lane pulling up next to him. As Buck pulled far enough ahead he pulled in front of the truck driver making him stop as we all hurried to get out of the engine.

"What the hell, guys?" The driver asked.

"You got a guy trapped inside, inside the compactor." Bobby told him.

"That's impossible." The driver replied.

"He dialed 911 from inside." Bobby argued with him.

"No, I mean that's not possible. We haven't picked any garbage up yet." He told us.

"Wait. What?" Buck asked.

"You got the wrong truck, man. She's empty." The driver shook his head.

"What's going on?" Hen asked as she and Chim reached us.

"It's the wrong truck." I told her before turning to the driver. "Thank you, our apologies."

Before we hurried back to the trucks having wasted too much time already.

"Dispatch, this is T-118. We are at Chandler and Allott. We have the wrong garbage truck. Do you have a location for the garbage truck?" Bobby asked into the radio.

"This is 727-L-30. I got eyes on your garbage truck." I heard Athena's voice over the radio. "Corner of Ventura and Stern. Search and rescue on the way."

"That's, like, two blocks away." Buck told Bobby.

"Let's go." Bobby nodded to him as we put on our headsets.

"All right." Buck said before taking off.

When we pulled up I hear Athena's voice as soon as I opened my door. "The dumpster. He was asleep."

"How was I supposed to know he was sleeping in one of the dumpsters?" The driver asked her.

"You're not in any trouble." Athena assured him.

"Did you run the compactor?" Bobby asked as I reached the ladder and started climbing not waiting for anyone or anything.

"Yeah."

"What kind of pressure does it operate under?" Bobby looked at him.

"I don't know. 2,000 psi? Maybe more?" He replied as a Hen started climbing up behind me.

"That would crush a car." I hear Buck say.

"Damn. Look at them go." He said referring to Hen and I as we climbed.

"Hello? Is anybody down there?" I called as I reached the top. "Can you hear us?"

"Ooh, this stinks. People call us heroes?" I heard Buck say as he was climbing up. Hen and I jumped down into the trash. "Oh, Alex, Hen, hold up. It's gonna take forever by hand. Hey. Chim, can you grab shovels?"

"Come on, what are you, scared to get your hands dirty, Buck?" Hen asked him harshly as her and I were tossing trash over the side and into the ground.

"Come on let's go!" I yelled out knowing if he was alive he was at risk for infections the longer he was in here.

"I'm coming in." Chimney said before he came down next to me.