Heartbreaker

"Have you lived in L.A. your entire life?" He asked smiling softly at me.

"No I uh moved here a little over two years ago now. I've kind of always loved L.A. and being a firefighter here is everything I've wanted to do. What about you?" I asked him with a smile.

"I moved out here about 7 years ago, I'm a film director. Just now finally starting to get my feet wet." He told me.

"Really? That sounds interesting, film director. That's actually really cool." I smiled brightly at him. "I'm a big horror movie fan so, I've definitely spent way too much time watching movies."

"Ah I've been working on some action movies, haven't made it to the horror section yet. But when I do, I'll keep you in mind." He winked at me.

"I'd actually love that." I grinned at him.

"So why firefighting? What made you decide on that?" He asked looking genuinely curious.

"I get to help people, and uh, there was an accident back from where I'm from in Minnesota. The firefighters there really went the extra mile when they didn't have to and, I don't know." I shrugged. "I guess it just kind of called to me after that."

"Exactly where your supposed to be, almost like it's fate huh?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah." I laughed lightly. "It does almost feel a bit like fate."

"I know you have to run and get to work. But I'd really like to take you out on Valentine's Day." He told me.

I scrunched my nose up at the mention of Valentine's Day.

"Or not that's fine." He was quick to offer seeing my reaction. "I just figured I'd test my luck, cause I feel like we're hitting it off. But if not it's fine, really."

"Oh no! No I promise you it's not that I don't want to have another date with you. I really do. It's just that I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day." I rushed out. "I promise it's not that I don't want to have another date with you, because I do."

We stood to walk out and he smiled gently. "How about I get a reservation and you just think about it? If you decide you want to go then we will and if not we can do something else."

I thought about if for a moment then nodded.

"Deal?" He asked as we walked out of the coffee shop.

"Deal." I nodded at him.

"Great!" He swooped down and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I'll text you later. Bye, Alex."

"Bye Ethan." I smiled softly to myself getting in my truck and heading towards the firehouse.

"You're awfully smiley this morning." Hen commented as I walked into the locker room.

"Just imma good mood." I shrugged trying to act indifferent.

"Mhm. I'm sure." She joked before she sent me a wink. "Hope good mood Alex is here to stay for awhile."

"Alex is is a good mood?" Buck asked stopping as he was walking by.

"Yes I am." I smiled widely at him.

"Good. You deserve it." He smiled heading back to whatever it was that he was doing.

"I'm sorry a plane on a golf course?" I asked Bobby to make sure I heard him right.

"Yeah you heard me right." He said into his headset.

"That was not on my bingo card." I muttered.

"Mine either." Hen assured me.

We hurried out to the plane just as the guy was picking her up and pulling her out.