Birthday Party

Nb Reader

Gwen's POV

I check the time on my watch, being mindful of where I'm swinging, 'Shit, I'm going to be late' I panic, I focus on swinging for the time being, just having dealt with a drug raid with the assistance of the police I'm afraid I'll miss my favourite person's birthday. 

______________

I make it to the park, taking shelter on a lamppost as I watch them opening up presents with their friends, Y/n L/n, probably one of the most kindest people ever, I may or may not have a crush on them, despite never actually properly interacting with them ever. I like to admire them from afar, they are absolutely stunning in everything they do, their street art is amazing, the way they dress is adorable, and despite their shitty job at a diner they always wear a beautiful smile. 

Unfortunately for them, luckily for me, I've had the pleasure of saving them a few times, the only real conversations I've ever had with them are when I'm Spider-woman, not that I'm complaining, they probably wouldn't like who's under the mask anyway. 

I can't help but watch with a small smile, they aren't good with attention so their bashful face as their friends coddle them is simply adorable, I see one of their friends make eye contact with me, smiling widely as they pass Y/n their present, "Hey Y/n, I think you'll like this one." She looks up at me mischievously, silently beckoning me to watch for my crush's reaction. 

I watch in curiosity as Y/n unwraps a red and blue box, gasping as she pulls out a hoodie, my mouth falls open as it's exactly like mine, with the spider on the back to the white sleeves with pink tips and lastly the black torso, it looks handmade. 'The craftsmanship is impeccable' I think in awe, my jaw snaps shut as I feel my cheeks warm under the mask when I see Y/n grin like a little kid, putting the hoodie on automatically as they hug their friend with enthusiasm. 

"I love it! Omg you are so my favourite right now." They squeal, their hug tight on their friend as they sway.  My heart warms at the site, 'They like me that much?' I'm then put under the spotlight when I hear their friend say. 

"Well...how about..." She turns Y/n around, pointing up at me, "You show off your new look to your celebrity crush~" She slyly says, Y/n face burns a bright red, their mouth agape as they look at me in embarrassment, I feel my own blush rise but thankfully I have a mask on, 'Oh well, better go greet them' I hype myself up, reminding myself that I'm Spider-woman, I can do anything. 

I swing down to a tree, just above the party table, hanging upside down from a sturdy branch, I wave at the group, "Hi there, I heard it was my favourite damsel in distress's birthday." I chirp, a slight coyness to my tone as I look straight at Y/n, "Cute hoodie, we match," I compliment, Y/n just smiles, walking up to me, I feel my heart pound as I look at them, 'Even upside down they still look magnificent.'

"I didn't know you did birthday drop-ins." They joke, a bashful yet happy smile on their face.

"Well, technically no, I don't but I had to come to wish my favourite citizen a happy birthday." I say sweetly, this causes Y/n's friend group to aww and oooh, Y/n's cheeks have a light tint of pink, 'Adorable' I think. 

"Well thank you, it's always lovely seeing you." They say genuinely, I feel my heart skip a beat, I then remember the reason I came over in the first place. 

"I actually have something for you." They look at me surprised, their head tilting to the side curiously, I reach into my pocket, pulling out a bracelet, I made it myself, it's a leather one with a steel Ghost-Spider symbol. I hand it to them, biting my bottom lip nervously as I wait for their reaction. 

Y/n takes it gently and gasps, running their finger over the symbol, It beeps causing them to jump, eliciting a chuckle from me, "What's the beep for?" They ask, looking at me confused, I hold their hand, the one holding the bracelet, I see them blush, but I decide not to comment on it as I go to explain. 

"Well, seeing as trouble seems to find you, I thought that I should track you" I explain, I see their eyes squint, looking at me sceptically so I fumble out a proper explanation, "N-not like that, I won't be tracking your every move." My hands flap in front of my hands defensively, "If you were to press the button during an emergency it'll beep on my suit alerting me to your location." I sputter out all in one breath.

"Wow," They say, impressed with the speed at which I spoke, "You made this for me? Or like other citizens?" They inquire. 

"You" I quickly answer, "Only you." I breathe. They blush brightly, stammering for a moment until one of their friends comes up behind them and whispers something I couldn't quite catch in their ear, Y/n quickly shushes them, they then take a deep breath before speaking. 

"I'm not really sure how to thank you for all you've done for me." They smile gratefully, I smile under my mask from the contagiousness their smile has on people, "But...there has been something I wanted to do, to show my gratitude, if you'd let me?" They ask cutely, their head tilting to the side curiously as a shy look crosses their face.

"I trust you, what did you have in mind?" I reassure them, my heart begins to beat wildly, 'What could they mean?' I think concerned, they walk closer to me, and their hands reach up to my neck, surprising me, "W-wait" I whisper, and they stop their movements, looking up at me patiently. 

"Do you trust me?" They ask lowly, yet kindly, I nod my head, 'I can trust them,' they breathe a sigh of relief as they bite their bottom lip, their fingers curling around the bottom of my mask, they pull it down slowly, allowing me to move away if I wished, I hang there, my heart racing a mile a minute as they place the mask just above my nose, not fully revealing my identity. 

They look at me carefully, scanning my face for any signs of hesitance, but just remain still, afraid to move, they hold my face carefully with their hands, their incredibly soft, small hands, I snap out of my thoughts when they lean in, placing a gentle kiss to my lips, they pull back after a short moment, their cheeks bright and rosy. My stomach erupts into a million butterflies, my head feels light, and it's certainly not from me hanging upside down all this time, I feel my face warm, and it's evident that everyone can see the redness on the skin that I'm showing. 

"Thank you, Ghost-spider." They say in one breath, "For everything." I smile, nodding my head at them as I pull my mask back down, swinging up to the tree branch, and looking down at them as I crouch on the tree. 

"Happy birthday Y/n, I hope to see you again." I quip before shooting a web at a nearby tree, going on my way into the busy streets of Brooklyn, the smile on my face never leaving. 

Word Count: 1255

I hope you all liked this, If there are any spelling or grammar mistakes then please let me know!

There will be smut for the next chapter, don't worry you horndogs ;)

I love you all <3

B