Chapter 21: I'm sorry

Chaeyoung was capable of handling everything, except her overthinking. As a result, her overthinking took hold of her soon. The more she thought about it, the more she felt that her feelings aren't real. And eventually, she finalized her thoughts: Mina is definitely a distraction from Somi.

Chaeyoung didn't know how to face Mina after having these thoughts. She felt pathetic. She felt like she doesn't deserve to be loved. She felt as if Mina deserved better. She hated that she had these thoughts. And more than anything, she hated herself for all this.

Soon she came across Mina. But she ignored her and walked off. Mina noticed it, but she just kept silent about it, 'cause she was tired of trying to console her, but she still wanted to. She thought of waiting for some more time and see if Chaeyoung will start talking to her.

But her efforts went in vain. Chaeyoung just kept on avoiding her. So Mina thought to confront her.

Soon, she somehow caught a chance to encounter Chaeyoung and then pulled her to an isolated corner.

"What is wrong with you now? Why do you have to ignore me again?! Just tell me if I did something wrong. I'll try to-"

Even before Mina could complete her sentence, Chaeyoung cut in and said, "We need to talk." Saying that Chaeyoung escorted her to the balcony.

"I think...", she started to speak up. Mina just keenly listened to what she wanted to say.

"I think I don't like you the same way you like me..."

Mina was shocked. More than shocked, she felt like a fool.

"I'm sorry for all this. You know, I met you when I was trying to move on from Somi. And on those days, it was you with whom I spent most of my time. I feel like you were a path through which I could escape from the feelings I have for Somi. Yes, I am over her now. But I feel like I'm using you for my own advantage. I... I don't want that..."

On hearing what Chaeyoung had to say, Mina just stood there looking at her not knowing what to say. She felt like she was paralyzed.

"So... I think we should go back to being friends. I don't think this will work out atleast not until I am sure about my feelings. I am sorry for all this.."

Chaeyoung was expecting a reply, but Mina stood silent. So in the end, she said, "Can you give me some time, until I can be sure of how I feel...?"

Mina still wasn't responding. But Chaeyoung couldn't do anything. She felt guilty and Mina there felt like she was fooled.

"Okay", was all that Mina could say, hanging her head.

"I am sorry again... I am really sorry. I owe you a lot for the amount of love and support you gave me. I just don't want to disappoint you further, Mina... I am sorry," saying that Chaeyoung just hugged her, and slowly walked back to her class.

Mina couldn't move even one bit. She felt numb. She just didn't know how to fix this. Her mind went blank. She just wanted to jump out of the balcony. She felt miserable.

She would have lost her life, if Momo wouldn't have come up and called her. "Mina-yah... class is about to start..." Momo called out. Due to the bright sunlight, she couldn't see her tears. Mina nodded and started walking towards her classroom.

The day seemed longer than before. And she had to walk home alone, leaving everyone behind. She didn't feel to bother anyone with this.

Mina started walking back home. She just kept walking, her face covered with silent tears. On reaching home, she just went back to her room. She didn't want to talk to anyone. Her brother called out to her, but she pretended to not listen to him.

"What happened to her...?", Lim pondered, worried.