Chapter 12: Bitter Sweet

"How long will you keep it in?", Limario asked his sister.

"I don't know.. I can wait. What if she is still not over Somi? And what if she doesn't like me? What if I ruin our friendship? What if-"

"Woah woah woah.. stop with your overthinking, girl!", Lim tried to calm Mina down.

"But these are possibilities you know... I can't.. I can't lose her", saying that she broke into tears. Seeing his sister in tears, he hugged her and said," Hey hey, don't cry for this. Just say it someday. You guys are really close right? Don't hide anything from her. Just say it directly. You guys are gonna go for an outing in few days right? Tell her then-"

"Then? Isn't that too soon"

"Yahh! You guys will graduate soon. Then when can you get a chance to tell her? It's better late than never. Don't hide it for long now okay? Be like me, girl!", Lim smiled brushing his hair.

"Ehhh.."

 "I got a girlfriend you know. We just met a while ago but now I got her. And Jennie is her name," he said it proudly. "Ehh.. how do you do it so easily?! And why is it hella hard for me?!", Mina started whining.

"Brain. Nah just kidding. Just be bold and go for it! Don't worry!", and he patted his sis and went back to his room.

But it was hard to bring confidence to Mina. So she decided to find signs for which she will know whether Chaeng will like her or not.

It was a Sunday evening and Mina heard her phone ringing. She saw that it was Chaeyoung. "Hey Minari"

"Hey.."

"I was planning to buy a gift for my brother, so can you help me with it"

"Yeh sure. Are you coming here?"

"Yep, I'm on the way. Meet you soon!"

Mina got ready soon to meet her Chaeng.

Soon, Chaeyoung arrived there. Though it's been just one day since they saw each other, Mina still felt lost in her eyes when she saw her again.

They both soon left her home and started walking towards a nearby shop to find something for Chaeng's brother.

"You will be coming for the outing next week right?", Chaeyoung started the conversation.

"Yep"

"Stay with me okay? Don't go anywhere"

Mina nodded shyly. Their small talks filled the time they had to walk to reach the shop.

At the shop, they started moving around trying to find a suitable gift.

"I think I'll check upstairs", Chaeyoung said and started to walk up the escalator.

After a while,

"This looks nice", Chaeyoung thought when she found a watch. But then she remembered that he had a lot of watches. So she went in search for another one and soon found a perfect gift.

 So she went in search for another one and soon found a perfect gift

She just realized how much her brother loved biking. So she took the cup and went downstairs to meet Mina.

When she went down, she noticed Mina was innocently searching for a gift in the stationary section. Her eyes suddenly fell on a 6 feet guy standing next to her Minari. It made her even more furious when she saw what he was doing. He was secretly trying to click photos of Mina. Chaeng didn't waste another moment and ran towards him. She bounced on top of him which pushed him down, but he still had a grip on his phone. Mina got so anxious that she almost teared up.

"Delete it", Chaeng said glaring at him.

 "What?

"I SAID DELETE IT!!!",saying this Chaeyoung punched his wrist so hard that his hand fell weak. She then stood up, took the phone and threw it on the floor with so much of force causing it to break into multiple pieces.

"WTF?!?!", the guy shouted. There was already a crowd which was formed there, but luckily, they all understood what had happened there. The security guard caught hold of him and asked the girls to leave safely. But Chaeng just noticed that she accidently dropped the cup in a hurry to save Mina.

"I'll pay for the cup", saying that she went to cashier, paid for the cup and held Mina's hand and led her out of the shop.

They were completely quiet until Chaeyoung heard Mina crying silently. She got so worried. So, she pulled her to a corner and sat at a nearby bench.

"Minari, don't cry please. Stay strong. He won't do anything. Moreover nothing has gone wrong. All the data are deleted. Just another pervert in this world", Chaeyoung said with a hope to make her feel better.

Mina nodded. Chaeng wiped her tears off. She then stood up and began to pull Mina. Mina looked so confused. "Come with me, Minari. Let me treat you with something", saying that she pulled her to a coffeeshop.

Once they had their seat, Chaeng ordered two cappuccinos for both of them.

While having their drink, Mina softly said, "Thank you Chaeyoungiee.. I.."

"Aniyaa.. wae thank you. Isn't it my duty to save you as a friend? But Minari, I won't be there everytime. So be strong okay?"

Mina nodded looking into her eyes.

She couldn't help it but to fall for her even more.