"It's refreshing I guess you could say," she said. "But no, those two aren't exactly the reasons- though I do love me some Chick Fil A."

"Oh don't we all-" she laughed again, along with the audience. "So what was it?"

Drawing a moderate breath, Lauren adjusted in her seat.

"Uhhh..it was my team," she nodded. "And my manager and all that- They saw that I'd begun getting a lot of attention from the U.S after some time, you know with videos and things like that from what I was doing in Europe. So when people were asking for more concerts and photo shoots and things here-"

"They suggested you move?"

"Yes they did," she exhaled a breath.

"And do you like it here?" Kimmel asked.

Best efforts in mind, Lauren forced a shy smile. She didn't want to think about how the second she flew back to the U.S, she'd subconsciously hoped to see a specific familiar face. She didn't want to think about the mild pain that striked her chest once she visited her father and he absentmindedly asked about that person. She didn't want to think about what the U.S. reminded her of; the fond memories she left behind and the immense heartbreak she carried with her overseas. She tried her best not to think about any of that at all.

"Yes, very much so," the young artist replied softly.

Kimmel then grinned knowingly. "And is that because of a certain someone?" He wiggled his eyebrows in contribution as Lauren expelled a light laugh.

"Oh my gosh, you're making me feel embarrassed-"

"Oh but Luna! The people want to know- and I promised a little birdie we'd get some sort of answer from you tonight-"

"Mhm," she jokingly shot a look. "What is it?"

"Nothing bad, I promise," he assured. "But uh, is it true....that you're engaged?" Subtle gasps and murmurs followed the question as Lauren bit her lip while keeping her eyes on her lap. "And not only engaged, but to hip hop producer and former rapper, Micah Styles." More gasps and murmurs.

"Well," she drew out before giving her attention to the audience, then the host. "It was supposed to be a secret, then a surprise. But since the cat's out of the bag, yes," she nodded, sheepishly smiling at the audience's awes. "Yes we are."

Jimmy sat back in his seat, seemingly astonished as if he hadn't the slightest clue. "My God, I'm blown away." Lauren chuckled at his dramatics. "How long have you guys been together?"

She glanced toward the ceiling with squinted eyes. "About...a little under two years. Our anniversary of being together is in September."

"And, can I ask, how did you guys meet?"

Lauren sucked in a breath. "See, now we're in troubled waters-" the host and audience threw back a laugh. "Micah's going to swear up and down I'm telling the story wrong."

"Oh I'm sure he'll be fine. Plus he's free to tell his side when he joins us in three weeks," Kimmel said, smiling as he propped his chin on his hand, encouraging Lauren to spill the beans. She exhaled a laugh and did so.

With the caution of her boyfriend listening and watching backstage, Lauren told their story, keeping things very short, cordial, and movie-like. She could only hope Micah would approve once she returned backstage. It came time to wrap up the story, and after the audience's applause, the room fell quiet again.

"So Luna, I know you've got a performance for us here in a minute-" the audience cheered, making her graciously crack a smile. "But before we get started, let's talk a bit about your impressive career so far."