Chapter 16 - Kiss Goodbye

OLIVIA - GARDEN BAR, KOULAI, SATURN - ONE MONTH LATER

The Doctor sucked on his straw loudly staring across the room with a mad gleam in his eye whilst his foot tapped repetitively, irritably under the table, his knee knocking against my own.

"Stop that!" I hissed, taking a neat sip from my glass which rattled with the Doctor's nerves.

He glared at me then returned his attention to the other side of the bar where Clara sat in a very red dress with a revealing back, tiny skirt and the highest of high heels. She giggled flirtatiously before taking another sip of her drink. She was the bait in the honey trap for Cal. It took me weeks to finally locate him and the only means of drawing him out was to send Clara out to be his latest in a long line of conquests since I left his bed to turn him into the Shadow Proclamation.

"You're drawing attention to us." I whispered as the Doctor took another loud suck on his straw.

"I don't like this plan."

"Tough, it's my plan and it's working. She'll get him alone soon enough."

I watched whilst Cal bent low and brushed Clara's hair from her face to whisper something in her ear. She blushed at once and giggled again before whispering something back and smiling broadly. Cal paid the bartender his tab then helped Clara off her stool before leading the way out of the bar. Dragging a rather reluctant Doctor by his bow tie, we made outside in time to see them climb inside Cal's ship.

The Doctor scoffed, "He's sealed the doors on us. How are we supposed to get in now? How are we supposed to help Clara?"

"Clara will be okay, she's in no danger."

"No danger?" he barked. "No danger? Sorry but isn't this the man who threw you into the Petritas Inferno?"

I winced at the mention of it. "She can handle herself. I know another way in, come on!"

"And exactly how do you plan on persuading him to give us what we want?"

From my inner jacket pocket I pulled out my weapon. A look of recognition flashed across the Doctor's face when he saw the white laser gun. It was River's favourite gun.

"A gift from Mum." I explained.

"Ever notice how you call River Mum or Mother but you still call me Doctor?"

"Yeah, well, I'd hardly spent any time with River before discovering she was my Mum. But I've travelled with you for a while; it's just going to take some getting used to."

Leading him across to the ships' low hanging left wing, I climbed up onto part of the engine with the Doctor always close behind. Finally we found ourselves on top of the wing and climbing the fuselage where there was another door for cargo pick-ups and drop-offs which Cal rarely locked since it was so far out of reach from the ground.

"It's unlocked but it's heavy, we need to lift it together." I instructed him. "On three?"

"One, two, three." We grunted, lifting the heavy, clunking door up and open.

There was a short blast from the alarm but after quickly inputting the security codes it didn't last long enough to reach the rest of the ship. His sonic screwdriver whirring, the Doctor used his favourite gadget to home in on the chip attached to Clara's charm bracelet. Before long we could hear Cal's music playing in the lounge whilst he sang along and twirled around the floor pouring both he and Clara a drink. She caught sight of us for a moment then returned her attention to Cal, smiling brightly when he offered her an amber beverage.

"Never met a girl like you before." He sang along.

"I bet you play this for all the girls you bring back here." Clara trilled.