Chapter 15: A Trip

Frisk was in shock upon seeing Papyrus. He didn't look as friendly as she did before. Her eyes studied the tall skeleton's appearance. She stood there for a few good minutes. Although Frisk could tell that Snowdin wasn't as good as it used to be, she still had hope that Papyrus would stay the same. Papyrus still towers over her in height but his teeth, are crooked and stained in what appears to be blood. How could she let this happen? Was not resetting the best option?

"Frisk!!" Papyrus shouted as he pulled Frisk into a hug. Frisk though was trembling. Is this the Underground my daughter has to go through? 'What if she isn't even here? Why did I listen to Sans and Chara about not resetting? If I did reset then I wouldn't have had Aliza. I can't imagine my life without her.' Was Frisk's thoughts as she kept thinking. If Papyrus was like this then how would Sans be? He probably would be worse.

"Hey, Papyrus," Frisk mumbled. She was trying to get ahold of herself. This is not her first time in the Underground and it is not her second time even. She thought she knew this place like the back of her hand, but apparently not. "So what have you been up to?" Papyrus did seem to be happy at her question.

"Sans and I have been trying to keep Snowdin well!" Papyrus explained excitedly. What was Frisk to do? She can't even reset anymore so if she dies then she is screwed. As she looked at Papyrus's teeth, her stomach felt like it dropped. Is all this her fault? Is Frisk to blame for all of this? "Sans has missed you! You really did brighten up his day the last time you were here."

Frisk nodded her head slightly. She had missed Sans a lot but would seeing him again even be worth it? Where is Aliza? "That's great Papyrus! But I have a question." Frisk asked while she was shaking a bit. The blood in the snow didn't help with how she was feeling. Flowey just watched helplessly. Frisk could tell that even Flowey was shaken up and he used to be the most fearless monster that she knew.

"What is your question, dear human friend?" Papyrus asked as he tilted his head in confusion. Frisk watched Papyrus for a minute.  She had to fully know how to word this correctly for the tall skeleton to understand. She had to know if Aliza was here AND still alive. Aliza, her daughter, is her top priority.

"Have you seen a young human girl in a purple dress?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Aliza looked out the window of the house that belongs to the skeleton brothers. She was woken up by a slamming of a door. Her eyes watched as the snow started to fall. Where did the snow even come from? They are under a mountain so how did snow get this deep underground? Aliza was getting hungry again but she didn't want to stomach Papyrus's spaghetti, the thought of it made her heart drop. She got off the couch. She walked into the kitchen slowly, afraid of making Sans or Papyrus angry. She looked through the cabinets, nothing good was in them. There was a bone in one cabinet,  it also had a pile of dust next to it.

Aliza continued her search in the kitchen until she realized that Papyrus's spaghetti was her only option for food. She sat on the ground and let her mind go wild. How did her mother survive this place? Obviously, it wasn't like how it is now. How did it come to be like this? The monsters got hungry, simple. Why don't they have many food options? Papyrus likes spaghetti and seems to only make that, also their food source seems very limited. Have monsters always eaten humans? Probably not. Her mother went through here with no problem. Why is Sans so crazy? Clearly, he has gone insane from something. None of these questions and answers fixed Aliza's problem. She sighed as she stood up. Where are Sans and Papyrus? Papyrus did say he would go on patrol, has he not come back?

Aliza decided to check Papyrus's room to see if the tall skeleton has came back. She slowly walked up the creaky stairs, she was careful to not make too much noise. When she made it to the top, it was clear which room was Papyrus's. She slowly opened Papyrus's bedroom door, she knew she should have knocked. Papyrus wasn't in there but his room amazed her a bit. His room has no blood stains and even looked so neat. There wasn't even a dust pile anywhere. As much as Aliza would love to stay in the clean room that belongs to the tall skeleton, she knew where she was supposed to be. She looked down the hall and saw the other skeleton's room.

Aliza didn't want to disturb Sans, so she slowly made her way down the creaky stairs. The noise of it reminded her of her sneaking into the kitchen for a cookie. It was such a sweet and heartwarming memory that she could think of at this moment. While thinking of that cookie memory, Aliza missed a stair on accident. She ended up falling face-first down the stairs which caused a loud noise, she did throw her hands in front of her to try and catch herself. However, though her arms felt intense pain as soon as they hit the floor. Her face was kept safe but her knee was scraped. How could she let this happen? She sighed yet again as she stood up, her arms were broken from what she could tell.

"What are you doing!" Sans yelled as he slammed open his door. Aliza's eyes met Sans. She felt the tears in her eyes, what was she supposed to say or do? Her knees hurt from the fall but she knew better than to rely on Sans.

"I tripped, everything is alright." Aliza said, only half lying. She did kinda trip but her knees and hands didn't feel alright. It's not like she hadn't fallen before. Her mother could normally tend to this thing. Sans had a skeptical look towards Aliza. He probably didn't believe her. Even then, he went back in his room and closed the door. Aliza walked back to the couch, not daring to explore her surrounding for a while.