She grabbed my hand. "I'm so sorry, Mickey."

"It's not your fault, gran."

"It is actually. When I was younger I was obsessed with finding a mate at first. I was only half elf so I wanted to be more like a full-bodied elf. I want to find an elven mate. Year after year when I still didn't find him I felt a sense of failure so strong. So I started practicing the arts from my witch side. My mother told me over and over that the power was already in me. I did one invoking spirit spell and it changed me forever. The magic was so strong that it became a part of me. Inside me, in my blood. After that I didn't need a mate to procreate. I found an elf who I could stomach for more than a couple of days and had a child with him. For so long my child was my universe. Loved her to death.

But then she started spending more and more time with my covenant. They used her for her power. That's when I realized that what I had inside me was passed down to my child. Not more powerful than I but she came close. Then she met her mate, which was a miracle in itself. We were not prepared for what the magic inside us would do to a male witch. It turns them into warlocks, which at first they have no control over. Which is why I'm sorry I have to tell you that I can't help you, Mickey. He has to come and you have to deal with him. Learn from him. Study him."

"But how. He will be too powerful. More powerful than me."

"I don't know, sweety. You might need to talk to your mother and father on how they did it. But I can't bind him from coming. I've already tried."

"Hey my favorite grandson," my grandfather said walking in.

I grunted.

"He's onto us, Armond."

"Who's this," Traja asked, walking in.

I smiled. "One of the few fairies that's left. He was outside the wall trying to rob me. His other comrades didn't make it."

"A fairy, bulshit."

"Check him out. You'll have to sniff hard past all the layers of dirt but as you can see I've already sampled him."

He sniffed then smiled. "Damn, nephew. I love you."

"I knew you would. I'll need a favor later though."

"Of course you would." He signaled for a servant. "Take him to my room. Give him iron, vitamin C and a bath."

The servant bowed. "Right away, my lord."

We sat and made small talk. Then I Ieft. I appeared outside of Aelasar but I didn't go in. I decided to walk around a bit to clear my head from the hopelessness I felt. In a matter of days I will attack my family. My mother, father, Summer, June, August. The only ones I'm not worried about are my father and Makay. They can handle me until help comes if need be. Even though I know my mom can put me on my ass I know she won't. She would let me attack her before she hurts me. She has said it many times. And I would die if I found out that I had attacked my mother.

Speaking of. I'm missing her. Where is she? Come to think of it, I haven't seen them since I can from The Outlands.

I walked back to Aelasar. I was let in then took a transporter to the palace. Upon leaving the transporter, I'm shocked to see my mother and father carrying luggage to a transporter.

"Mom, dad, what's happening."

"We're leaving," my father said.

I jerked back in surprise.

"Dad, my born day is soon. You're just going to up and abandon me."

My dad said, "Mickey, you are not a child anymore. I will be taking the younger children. You and Makay are in charge."