3. The least I expected - II

Comincia dall'inizio

........

As Ram drifted into sleep, both of them once again took his blessing, placed a soft kiss on his cheeks, and both of them moved toward the bed.

As time passed, Luv whispered to Kush.
Luv: Bhaiya!

Kush: hnm?
He tossed, irritated.

Luv: Is there any way to bring back Pitashree's happiness?
He whispered.

Kush: hnm.. mch! Sleep na Luv.

Luv: Bhaiya!
He shook Kush and moved close to him.

Kush: what happened to you, Luv? Why don't you sleep?

Luv: I am not feeling sleepy.

Kush: But I do!
Said Kush, pulled the blanket to his chin, and faced away from him.

Luv: Umm..
He pouted

Luv: Bhaiya is too lazy. What should I do now?
He said to himself.

Luv: I don't feel like sleeping.

He then crept from the bed, leaving Kush sleeping, and moved towards Ram. He saw his sleeping face glowing like a full moon; he just raked his fingers through Ram's wavey hair and paced toward the open balcony, welcoming the moon light.

He then sat on the bench attached to the railing and felt the cool breeze tickle his skin. He changed his posture; he sat on his knees, leaning over the railing and resting his chin on his small palm.

He saw the Saryu river, glowing like a pearls, floating around; it seemed like Ksheersagar.

He enjoyed the view, the faint light from the moon, and the buzzing insects. He sat below the blanket of stars and the bright, glowing moon.

He then looked up to the moon, as if it were smiling brightly at him. Moreover, he saw the image of Sita through the moon.

He whispered to himself, looking at the moon.
"O, Mataji, please bless us so that we will be the best sons to Pitashree." He said this as tears brimmed in his eyes.

He then folded his hand, shut, his eyes and prayed.
"O, Mahadev, please listen to your fellow devotee. As I only need that Pitashree be happy, I want to see his smile again, which he lost long ago." He mumbled.

......

While sitting there, he unknowingly fell asleep. The streets, palace, and forest all around were cupped in a awkward silence.

.......

As the time ticked past midnight, suddenly everything changed. The strong winds started blowing, the silent Saryu started roaring, and huge black and dark clouds formed above Ayodhya. It felt strange.

As the wind started blowing hard, it made Luv shiver as he was sitting outside.
He thinned his eyebrows and said, "what's going on?". He looked around, and a strange feeling went through his spine.

And in no time, the earth shook like never before. People rushed out of their houses and gathered around market square. Their faces paled with fear, and it turned chaotic.

.......

"Pitashree! " screamed Luv, shaking Ram to wake him up.
As Ram woke he found both his sons, clinging to body and the earth shaking.

"Pitashree, I am scared" said Kush moving close to Ram.
"Don't worry my love." Ram said consoling him.

Everything was strange around, the corridor was filled with chatter and footsteps of people moving around, evaluation sirens could be heard and wailing women outside.

"Maharaj, it's an emergency!" Informed the guard.

........

MARKET SQUARE
The situation turned worse, the earth shook more than before, the cracks started forming on the ground, the wind blew harsher.

And then the cracks deepen, and split wider. And in the next moment a bright ray of light erupted through the cracks, making everyone shiver.

The cracks split wider and wider, the earth split open, and between the rays of light revealed a golden throne, with two dark figures settled on it.

As the throne emerged outside, it revealed two women, decked in royal attire it seemed as it belongs to Heaven.
A strong smell of rose and sandalwood erupted, and everything got normal, the earth set silent, the clouds disappeared and the wind turned gentle.

"It's Mata Sita!" Screamed a man top of his lungs, and everyone just kneeled down, bowing her with due respect.

.......

And in the palace the chaos erupted, soldiers ran around in confusion.
And in no time Lakshman, rushed towards the main entrance of the palace with some soldiers.

But a strong ray of light approached towards them.
"Get ready!" Commanded Lakshman.
And the soldiers pointed their spears toward the door.

.

The sight which Lakshman saw made him dumbfounded, he felt as the time stopped, his breath was held midway and the sword dropped from his hand and the only word which escaped his mouth was "Bhabi" he kneeled down and bowed to her and tears streamed down his cheeks.

Sita raised her hand and blessed Lakshman whole heartly.

......

She went straight through the corridor towards Ram's chamber, Dharti Mata following her.
Everyone stood frozen in the corridor, her sisters folding her hands and greeting her, her Devar's kneeling down, and the Mata's blessing her.

She headed straight to Ram's chamber.

........

Ram sat on the floor cupping Luv and Kush, tightly. Both of them just buried their faces in Ram's chest.

And the next moment the door flung open, revealing Sita, her hands folded.
Ram fell in a utter shock, he felt numb, unknowingly his knees lifted, he stood carrying both of them in his strong arms.

Seeing her prabhu Sita straight away moved to his feet, and sat frozen. And the only word which Ram spoke was
"Sitae! ".

Keeping his sons down, his hand moved towards her holding her shoulders as he lifted her.
His eyes scanned her every bit, it felt like a dream. And within no time he caged her in his tight embrace, his throat ran dry, his knees felt weak, and he whispered to her, "The least I expected, Sitae. That you would ever return" he squeezed his eyes and hid his face in her hair.

The devas started showering flower, the conch shell could be heard, and the people hailed Siya Ramchandra ki jai!

Their union spread a wave of happiness all over three worlds.

........

I hope you like it and please like and comment :)

Hope you liked. And sorry for the chapter being lengthy. I was unable to keep it short, as it made me keep writing.
And for more updates.

Please leave your valuable votes and comments.

❤️