Chapter 9

Tuesday evening once they explained everything.

Alya’s POV

“So, you guys knew each other since childhood and have been in a popular gang?”

“Yep,” Lila said that.

“And you parted ways because of some stuff a few years ago at your last stunt?”

“Yep,” Kagami said that.

“And you have reunited with each other after a few years, which was just a few days ago?”

“Yep,” Chloe said that.

“And Chloe figured out that your friends are fake, so you done a friendship test on everyone in the classroom, including us?”

“Unfortunately,” Mari said in a casual tone. “And I am really sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry about this. Even I didn’t realize that they are that stupid.” Nino smiled at his childhood sister-type friend, who smiled back.

“But why you never told us anything? Why have done the trust test on us? And who is Cerise?”

I know those are too harsh questions, but I have the right to ask.

I tell Mari everything, and now I found out that she holds secrets from her best friend, and to also do the trust test on me!?! On us!?!

I don’t have any words to say how disgusted I am feeling right now from this.

“We never told you anything because it was a hard thing to talk about, Césaire.” Chloe wasn’t looking at them when she said that.

“We set you up on the trust test because there are people who talk behind Mari’s back.”

We all held our jaws down.

Our friends to do that? I mean, possible as they believed a liar who just came a few days ago over their friend they knew a while.

“…we have evidence by the way.” Lila turned on her phone's recent audio and showed it to us.

“… and then Marinette was like ‘But Does Lila Have Any Prove That She Is Telling The Truth?’, and I gasped at this when she said that.”

“Alix? What the hell!?!” Nath looks shocked at this.

“Why Marinette hates Lila the moment she just joined? They barely know each other.”

“I mean, this makes sense why Adrien would ask about it.”

“Bad moment, Nino.” I shushed him.

“She must be jealous of her talking to Adrien often. She even has a big crush on her.”

“How dare you, Kim!?!” I scowled at this audio. “I cannot believe he would say that!?!”

Even though I feel betrayed, that doesn’t mean that I hate Marinette.
How could he say that in front of Adrien himself?!?!?!?