Envy

As soon as I enter the room, I heard the door get shut behind me.

Everything was cold, and pitch-black save for the burning feeling in my chest. A feeling of something vicious with talons scratching and clawing in my ribs waiting to break free.

I am not fond of the darkness and it's probably why felt this keening disturbance inside me. I take deep breaths to calm and reassure myself that nothing is gonna happen.

In. Out. In. Out.

I walk into the room mindful of my steps so I don't trip over anything.

"Hello?"

A robotic voice comes over the speaker from all sides. "Welcome to the Sin Corridor. Take two steps forward and take a seat."

I did as instructed and pat my hands here and there to find any surface. As the voice spoke there was a chair and sat on it.

Suddenly there was a flash and the room illuminated. I squinted at the brightness. It is a small empty room with white walls save for the mirror on one of the walls which I am facing. Wow, it really seems like an interrogation room.

On the other side of the room, there was a man facing a floor-to-ceiling length window overlooking the city below. It was like watching a movie. From my vantage point, I can see his back and broad shoulders in a perfect suit illuminated by the city lights.

I watch as he tilts his head and I can see a glimpse of Vikram's sharp jawline. He looks at his watch and his face mars in irritation. And I want to kiss the frown off his face.

"Vikram" I call him, smiling slightly.

I am not sure if he heard me. I get up from the chair to go to him only to be restrained back to it by metal cuffs on my hands and legs and across my chest.

What the fuck? I pull them and struggle but they are insanely strong.

"Vikram" I call him.

But he looks at someone in his peripheral like I am not even here and says, "You are late." frustration coating his voice.

"Miss me?" a sultry female voice comes over.

"Wha-" I wonder and Stella struts in wearing barely anything, and the air whooshed out of me.

"Vikram!" I try again and realize he couldn't hear me.

She goes straight to Vikram swaying her hips seductively as she removes every last piece of her clothing. He roughly pulls her to him and she gasps with a sly smile.

He kisses her harshly, groping her hard enough to leave bruises and she enjoys his attention with an airy laugh and runs her hand all over him, grinding against him.

"VIKRAM!"

He ducks his head and sucks her tits while grabbing her ass. She grips his hair and tugs him closer.

"No.No.No.NO" I plead to nobody. The clawing feeling inside me grows the longer I watch and it hurts.

I have absolutely no claim over him, he is just a stranger I met for a few hours but it hurts too much to watch him. How could he do this after what happened earlier? Does that mean nothing to him?

I close my eyes and shake my head violently to ward off the image but their combined sounds of pleasure penetrate me like a stake to the heart.

"Please, stop," I whisper brokenly, with tears prickling in my eyes.

I don't understand why does this hurt? I am not this person who cries over a guy, I am a person who shows the finger and delivers a punch to the face. What is happening? I just need this to stop. Just stop.

The safe word! I can stop this.

"Si-"

"Don't." a voice behind me, cut off my words, commanding.

"Vikram?" I didn't dare open my eyes when I can still hear her cries and his groans.

"Yes, sweetheart," Vikram answers, his voice holding a softer tone.

"You are here. Then what is happening? I don't unders-" I am coughing and crying, in .. in relief? But why?

"Shh. Answer me, sweetheart. What are you feeling?"

"Confused. Hurt." I sob.

"No, think why you are here. What are you feeling?" he rubs my shoulders.

I don't want to think. I just want to go away. I am just hurt.

"Think." he urges me sternly.

What am I feeling? What am I feeling? What am I feeling?

I feel like I am hurting like someone struck me because ... because she gets to have a part of him. She gets to experience something I want.

As if knowing I am thinking about this I hear her voice with clarity.

"You feel so good, Vikram" she moans.

I screw my eyes shut in agony and I know. I know the claws of the green-eyed monster.

"Envy"

Every noise seized with my whispered words. My hard breathing is the only sound in the room.

Vikram kisses my shoulder. "Well done, sweetheart."

The restraints came undone and he gathers me in his arms, stroking my hair and caressing my fingers. I open my eyes to see a shimmering Emerald on my ring reflecting the light illuminating an open door.

Everything returns to me in clarity after a few moments. The game. The sin. The stone.

"What happened?" I asked him in a calm voice but inside I am anything but that.

The hand stroking my hair pauses for a second and resumes probably detecting the change in my tone.

"You have completed the first round."

Fuck! All of this for a fucking game? And the bastard watched me suffer when I cried over him. Fucking hell.

"Was any of it real?" I ask him quietly, wanting to just know.

He remained quiet for what felt like an eternity but just a handful of seconds, "It happened a long time ago."

I closed my eyes at the fresh wave of emotions with the lingering sting of jealousy.

"And what you videotaped yourself? Or were you so eager to get your dick wet that you didn't notice the security camera?" I sneered.

He closed his eyes not in shame, but in anger. I can feel it practically rolling off of him.

"Language." He grits out.

Fuck his righteous bullshit. I was not done.

"Why the fuck would I need to see that?" I asked in a calm, too-calm voice ignoring the brewing storm inside me.

He says what I already know in a measured tone. "You signed up for the game."

Every word he utters enrages me even more. It's not like I am angry at him for being with someone else. It's not like he is going to be my first as well. But it doesn't mean I have to witness all his sexual encounters.

Fuck him. Fuck this shit. No gem is worth going through this.

I tried elbowing him but he caught my hand. But I managed to push him away and stormed off to the next room with him hot on my heels.

"Meera, wait!"