Chapter 23

"What is this?" The Overlord asked Harumi. "Test subject eighty three, we are seeing the effect the crystals have on dragons." Harumi explained. "There aren't many dragons left in Ninjago, where did you find this one?" The Overlord asked. "Found it around the remains of Shintaro, such a shame, it made getting vengestone a lot harder." Harumi said. The Overlord gave her a nod of approval and walked off. "What is it Zane?" Jay asked eagerly. "It looks like they are doing something to a dragon." Zane described to him. Zane tried to see more when the Mechanic opened the door. "No funny business this time, Zane the pain!" The Mechanic laughed holding a taser to his face. He walked over to Jay and freed him from the chains. He threw a prisoner suit and a bucket and mop. "You know the routine blue boy, teach Zane the pain how its done." He told him. Jay sighed grabbing the bucket as Zane put on his prison uniform. "Let's just do our jobs, if we do good we could get a potato chip in dinner!" Jay said thinking of food. "Just a single chip?" Zane asked confused. "When you've been in here for months you begin to appreciate the little things." Jay said.

Lloyd awoke in the morning. He didn't know what happened, but he knew he had to talk to Wu. He walked out of his room into the kitchen where he made himself some toast. Eventually Nya awoke and walked in. "Oh, glad to see your okay!" Nya said looking in the fridge. "What do you mean?" Loyd asked. "You passed out in the middle of the hallway, I had to put you in your bed." Nya told him. "Oh, yeah, I don't know what happened." Nya had her doubts. She sat down with Lloyd and ate quietly. They heard the monastery doors open, an lots of shouting. They both ran out to see them. "Well Cole, we would have been here an hour ago if you hadn't needed the extra fuel for your stupid bike." Kai shouted at him. "I couldn't find anything else, I had no choice!" Cole defended himself. "Both of you, shut up! You are acting like toddlers!" Pixal yelled disappointed as she left further into their home. "What happened?" Nya asked. "We ran out of fuel out there because of Cole." Kai said annoyed. Cole scoffed and walked away, giving Kai the finger. Kai gave him the finger as Cole close his door. "Hey, buddy! Looks like your doing better!" Kai said putting a hand on his shoulder. "Yea, had something last night though. I'll talk to Wu about it later." Lloyd said. Kai nodded and left. Lloyd and Nya followed.