♬ Taken ♬

It was the next day and you had took the morning patrol with Whipstriker while everyone gets ready and makes sure that the dragons on the island are accounted for and will be alright while everyone is gone.

It was a pretty foggy and cloudy day so you brought a lantern along to help you and Whipstriker see a little.

"What're your thoughts on this all? Of course, I've heard your opinion on coming here but I haven't heard your thoughts on Viggo and Ryker." You stated

Whipstriker flapped his wings as he lowered himself, he roared at you before looking out to sea and waving his tail.

It must've meant he wasn't too happy that he'd be seeing the two hunters and joining a fight with the other riders, one he wasn't interested in for starters.

"I'm not amazed that we'll be fighting against them, sure, I've seen my fair share of hunters that work for him, but I didn't want to actually see Viggo in person." You replied

Whipstriker roared before beginning to dive towards the ocean, he stopped just above the water and returned to normal speeds.

Being higher up meant it would be hard to see the ground due to the fog so he felt much more comfortable knowing he could see the land and water around him.

A Death Song was able to eat eels and Whipstriker showed absolutely no fear towards the species, though that didn't mean he didn't have any bad experiences with them.

Whipstriker had gotten bit by one when he was at your height, he stayed away from the water for at least a couple weeks so that he wouldn't go face to face with an eel once again.

Whipstriker could get quite dramatic when it came to getting attacked, a simple scratch to another dragon is like a broken leg to yours.

He disliked being around other dragons he didn't know, something he picked up over the years of hunting them down.

You adjusted your arm and yourself so that the lantern was farther up than where it previously was, Whipstriker roared into the distance and he seemed to receive roars from many different Night Terrors that lived on the island.

You were told that those dragons were used as defence and that they were there long before the riders had got to this island.

Their leader was a white Night Terror by the name of Smidvarg, he was the Night Terror who commanded the others into looking like any dragon they'd like to protect themselves from predator dragons.

When Whipstriker went hunting on the island, he wouldn't eat the Night Terrors which caused quite a bond between the flock and him.

They were kind towards each other, Whipstriker made sure that the larger dragons such as the Monstrous Nightmare's or the Quaken's on the island wouldn't start picking on them.

Whipstriker lowered himself before roaring, you heard shouts from up ahead and you lowered yourself on his back.

What was there?

Whipstriker shrieked and didn't receive any feedback from another dragon, you tilted your head before lowering the lantern.

The fog up ahead cleared a little, you saw many dragon hunter ships along with cages being hauled onto the boats.

They came to dragons edge.

"Whipstriker! Look out!" You exclaimed

A boulder smashed into Whipstriker's side and he fell into the forest, he shrieked in pain as he tumbled on the ground and so did you.

The hunters were gonna come find you.

"Whipstriker! Are you alright?" You asked

He moved his tail and his wings before roaring at you and getting up to see if you were okay, a couple hunters could be heard in the distance shouting at each other to come get you.

This was bad, really bad.

Your dragon lowered his head and roared melodiously at you, he growled before getting ready to blast a bunch of amber.

The amber wouldn't work against dragon root arrows, there would be too many and you there wouldn't help him.

"Okay, take this and the lantern. Make sure to show them where I was taken and where the ships are going." You stated

Whipstriker tilted his head in confusion as you placed the stick the lantern was hanging from into his mouth.

You placed your lens on the edge of the lantern so that he could take it with him towards the clubhouse where they'd most likely be.

"I'm going to go out there and turn myself in for you, you're gonna head back to the edge and find the riders or the other dragons and tell them that I'm gone. Make sure to stay low and out of the sight of any hunters on the way, the Night Terror's are most likely going to alert them after you." You explained

Whipstriker hesitantly got up and roared at you, you placed both hands on his chin and put your forehead to the bright green spine above his eyes.

You heard hunters shouting and you saw light begin to get closer to where both you and him were in the forest.

"Go!" You whispered

Whipstriker quickly pulled away and bounded off into the woods with the lens and the lantern, you saw the hunters pull out their bows on you.

Then there was Ryker.

"A new one, eh? Where's that Death Song?" He said

"My dragon dropped me here and ran off into the woods, can't say where exactly he's going, I never know." You replied as you raised both hands

"Ryker, should we go looking for the dragon?" A hunter asked

"No. This one will do just fine for Viggo, we're going to be able to get the Dragon Eye without any complications when we have a live Viking with us compared to a dragon. The dragon is replaceable." Ryker grinned

Six hunters walked behind you, some had crossbows and some had regular bow and arrows, you began to walk towards the end of the forest and to the ships where you knew you'd be locked up in.

The dragon eye? Sounds awfully important.

You began to walk onto a ship with many dragon cages, a much larger one compared to the others that were on the ocean currently.

This did not look too good.