♬ Melody Island ♬

You and Whipstriker just moved to a new island that was called Melody Island, you had just island hopped with him so you were setting up in a nearby cave.

Apparently a couple Death Songs lived there before the both of you, there was hardened amber all over the place when you got there and even leftover dragon bones.

Island hopping was something you did regularly, although you didn't have an exact reason for it yet, it was something that felt natural and Whipstriker enjoyed it.

Whipstriker blasted at a couple Deadly Nadder's, he shrieked at them before carrying one off as the amber continued to harden on the others.

It was the way life went, you couldn't just trap and starve a dragon for following its instincts.

It wasn't right.

Seeing a Death Song like yours was rare, you weren't gonna kill him for doing something a species usually did or punish him for trapping other dragons.

Whipstriker landed beside you happily before checking out what you were putting down, a barrel of apples you picked from the previous island you stayed at.

"Mind getting those for me?" You asked

The ledge that let you into the cave was wide so Whipstriker was able to carry all the things onto the ledge, although him helping you bring stuff inside was much easier.

He used his teeth to drag in a couple barrels at once, you threw an apple at your dragon and he quickly ate it before running back out to grab more things.

Whipstriker ran in with the rest of the barrels, he bent down and you scratched his snout before he ran out to go back to luring in dragons for his meals.

You grabbed a couple things from a barrel and set it down on a couple rocks, mainly swords with the ability to ignite themselves if you needed to break the amber on something or someone.

Over the years, you figured out the tricks of the Death Song and learnt that your lens has things about them, apparently it was meant for some sort of device.

Although you had no interest in finding out what was on it, you knew everything about Death Songs due to you spending a large amount of time beside them.

You grabbed the notebook and pencil that you had filled with Death Song information before setting it down on another empty barrel so you wouldn't lose it.

Whipstriker's song could be heard throughout the cave and you heard several other roars in response, he never let a dragon go without a fight and that was a fact.

Whipstriker enjoyed fighting and it was obvious to whoever actually saw him doing it, way too obvious in fact.

The sound of dragons shrieking in surprise could be heard from outsid , it was something you were used to by now.

You picked up the notebook quickly and flipped through a couple pages, straight to Whipstriker's diet.

He did end up eating Vikings from time to time, but you didn't encourage it too much since they usually halted his eating for a day or two since they took a while for him to fully digest.

Chicken.

You always forgot the Death Song species enjoyed eating chicken, that meant you needed to collect a couple from ships going through the archipelago tomorrow so that he wouldn't start stockpiling dragons and trying to feed them to you.

When both you and him were younger, he had attempted to feed you a Terrible Terror he had lured in just for you.

Whipstriker landed on the ledge of the cave and ran inside, he had his back hunched over so that he wouldn't hit his head on the roof of the cave.

Whipstriker was a tall dragon.

"Tomorrow we're going out to raid a ship, so I suggest getting yourself mentally prepared for whatever they might bring to us. Cant have you eating dragons and apples the whole time, I certainly can't eat apples the whole time either." You smiled

The dragon in front of you roared before bending down and spreading his wings to make himself more comfortable, he nuzzled your cheek before looking over and roaring at the three apples placed on top of a barrel.

"Didn't you already have like... six dragons to eat in the span of an hour? How much more do you need to eat?" You laughed before walking over and grabbing three apples

You tossed them at your dragon in different directions and he quickly reacted by chomping down on all three, Death Songs were flexible and fast dragons although they weren't good with tight turns due to their size.

Some Death Songs were unable to react fast enough, Whipstriker could make those turns if things such as trees weren't in his way although he'd start bumping his head against things if there were stuff he needed to be cautious of.

As the sun went down, you saw Whipstriker blast a few of the cracks in the caves with amber, the green Death Song was cautious when it came to bugs getting in and onto his scales.

You stared Whipstriker who seemed to spread his wings and fly down some sort of tunnel, there was a tunnel below the one you were in that led outside.

Something that would most likely prove to be  convenient in the future.

You grabbed a blanket made out of Yak fur before grabbing two other blankets so that you would be able to comfortably lay down.

After placing a blanket on the ground and placing a blanket above it to use as a soft surface for your head.

Once finished, you laid down on the blanket before pulling it over you so that you wouldn't get too cold, getting cold at night was something you did often.

Whipstriker seemed to roar one last time before it went dead silent, you began to close your eyes and attempt to sleep.

Sooner or later, you seemed to fall asleep while hearing dragon roars from the dragons cocooned in amber and would most likely become Whipstriker's breakfast.

Most dragons there die of starvation before tomorrows night so Whipstriker liked to do things fast, he did not like eating things dead for reasons that are unclear to you.