♬ An Emeny Or Friend ♬

You were sitting down on top of the blankets while Whipstriker was trying to fall asleep in the lower cave area.

Whipstriker roared out of nowhere before you began hearing the dragons outside go absolutely crazy, something must've provoked them.

You quickly got up and began to run for the exit to the cave.

You jumped off the ledge and landed on top of Whipstriker's neck, you tucked your back in lower so that an ambush wouldn't be able to happen while you were looking around.

Five dragons and six Vikings could be seen looking at you and Whipstriker in shock, the dragons being a Night Fury, Zippleback, Deadly Nadder, Gronckle and a Monstrous Nightmare.

Oh? What a surprise.

Whipstriker swooped back and immediately landed on the rock behind them, you sat up as Whipstriker got to his full height and shrieked at the dragons and the Vikings.

"What is your business here on Melody Island?" You asked

The Night Fury growled at Whipstriker, Whipstriker snarled at the five dragons as his tail swayed aggressively from side to side.

"We've come to get Death Song amber! We mean no harm towards you and your dragon, we wish to build some sort of friendship with you instead!" The teen on the Night Fury explained

Friendship?

They must've heard about you from the boat you had attacked, it wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

"Awesome dragon by the way." A girl grinned

Whipstriker roared at her before the fans on his head shook and he hissed.

"And you wish to build an alliance with me? Why?" You asked

"Death Song's are amazing in battle so it'd be really convenient to have one with us so that we can defeat the dragon hunters!" A teen who was petting a Gronckle informed

Dragon hunters? They were involved with the hunters too?

You got off Whipstriker who curled his tail around you and bared his teeth at the Vikings and dragons on the ground.

"No." You stated

"What?" A teen on the Deadly Nadder said

"You come here unannounced, it was clear you were trying to hide yourselves since you made no noise. You're lucky my dragon has not cocooned you yet. Don't come crying to me when you've failed in defeating the hunters because you made the wrong friends." You stated

They began to whisper amongst each other as the dragons stared at Whipstriker who threatened to blast amber if they made one wrong move.

Whipstriker sounded an ear-piercing shriek at the riders and their dragons when they stayed for a minute too long, they immediately got onto their dragons and left the island so that they wouldn't become Whipstriker's next victim.

You grabbed your lens that was hidden in your sleeve before reflecting it into the sky as the sun began to rise.

"They might've been nice, but they were clearly not intending to see me or you. They aren't worthy of our help if they're unable to see the sheer power you and me hold." You smiled

Whipstriker roared happily at you before nuzzling you on the cheek, you scratched your dragons chin before hopping back onto your dragon who immediately began to fly towards a Terrible Terror cocooned in amber.

He grabbed the dragon and seemed to break the amber before eating it on the spot and discarding of it's bones a second later, you were used to it.

"The hunters, they're involved with them too. It's been a while since we've seen those, right?" You smiled

Whipstriker nodded before landing on top of one of the rock walls that would separate the rocky part of Melody Island from the much more lush area.

You pat his neck before getting off his back and sitting on the ledge with your feet dangling off the edge of the wall.

Whipstriker sat down beside you and curled his tail around both you and him, he kept both wings above him and you.

"Help!" Someone yelled

You whipped your head around and saw the same riders and the same dragons from earlier, you raised a brow as Whipstriker got up immediately.

"Back again?" You asked

"Hunters are going to attack the island, a few boats are on their way here! They have dragon root arrows and catapults!" The blonde with the Nadder said

You stood up and looked past the Gronckle and it's rider before seeing at least six ships coming at the island.

Whipstriker roared at one of the dragons before roaring at you much more passively.

"Follow!" You ordered

You hopped onto your dragon and he took off immediately, the dragon riders looked at each other before beginning to follow you.

You jumped off Whipstriker and took off into the cage to grab what you'd need, you grabbed your lens, Death Song book, two apples before spotting Whipstriker running in to grab the six chicken cages.

Two on one claw, three on the other and one held in his jaw.

He lowered himself before you jumped onto him, he ran out of the cave and immediately took off, everything else was disposable and could be replaced.

The two apples were for Whipstriker if he got hungry.

The dragon riders were waiting in the air, Whipstriker flew past the other dragons and made his way above the clouds before everyone else did too.

"Come with us back to our base! You and your dragon will be safe there, then we can decide what to do there!" The teen on the Night Fury informed

Whipstriker looked up at you, you pat his neck and narrowed your eyes at the rest of the riders before Whipstriker began to fly up front which indicated the both of you were going with them.

You knew exactly how this was about to play out and you hoped that in the end it would be all good, you stared at the lens before setting it into a satchel that was on your shoulder.

Whipstriker adjusted the cage in his mouth before using his tail to keep the chickens from clucking, basically by shaking the cages so that they wouldn't cluck too much.

It was odd, sure, but it worked quite well.

"You can go slower, you know." You reminded him

You loosened your grip on his horns once he had slowed down, Whipstriker flapped his wings once again before returning to a regular speed.