♬ Prologue ♬

You ran on the ship happily as you looked into different barrels and different crates, you had begged your father to allow you to come with them to a different tribe and he finally agreed.

Both siblings of yours were left back on Berserker Island, your big brother Dagur didn't want to come with you while your little sister Heather was much too young to come.

Dagur whined a lot about you and her, you didn't know why exactly either but since he was next in line to be chief you usually listened to him when he told you to go away.

Since you were unable to come around Heather most of the times, it left you alone by yourself, it didn't make you too sad since you were used to it by now.

Dad didn't notice it often, and usually he'd just frown at you in a guilty way before being dragged off by a couple Vikings.

"Come on!" You exclaimed

You dragged a woman to the front of the ship as she laughed, you smiled at her before she gasped when she made it there.

A whirlpool?

"Submaripper!" Someone screamed

You whipped your head around before seeing a large tail entering the water that was green and yellow, Submaripper's were strong tidal classes who could eat everything and anything with just their mouth that was able to create a whirlpool.

"Y/n! Over here!" A Viking yelled

You ran over in fear before seeing someone trying to turn the boat around but the waves and the spiral clashing with each other just wouldn't help.

The boat was being dragged into the whirlpool at high speeds.

"Get Y/n up here!" Another Berserker ordered

The woman began to hush you before running up the steps to the higher part of the boat where the wheel was.

Oh no...

Where was dad? He wasn't gonna save you but he wasn't gonna say goodbye to you either?

You were at the age to understand the meaning of death and the meaning of danger, both were right in front of you.

Heather, what would she think when she began to get  older? Dagur, would he even miss you?

The boat began to rock before getting thrusted into the water, and you went under.

. Time Skip .

A small roar could be heard from your ear along with a pressure on your back, your eyes slowly opened and your mind cleared of the fog that was covering it.

You looked around for a brief moment before seeing wood along with open barrels of things such as apples and weapons.

It all came back to you at one moment.

The crash... the whirlpool... the Vikings... the Submaripper and the boat, you survived?!

Your head shot up to look around at something you could hear tap the sand, you fully sat up and looked around.

A dragon?

A purple and green dragon with large horns and a long tail appeared, although it seemed to be a baby since it was much smaller than dragons you've seen from afar.

You didn't know what species though...

The dragon roared at you playfully before jumping onto your lap and waving his tail along your legs, you looked around before rapidly fumbling through a pocket of yours and pulling out a lens that reflected sunlight off it.

It was something from your father, and the last thing you wanted to do was lose it so you were more than happy that it was still there.

"What's your name?" You asked

He roared in response before looking off into the distance, he must not have a name...

"I guess I should name you, since we're gonna be here for a while. Maybe... Whipstriker? That sounds like an awesome name! Do you like it?" You asked

Whipstriker roared melodiously before nodding at you, he jumped off your legs and seemed to grab an apple before biting it and tossing the rest to you.

You thought dragons were only carnivores, seeing one eating an apple was really surprising.

"Looks like we're going to be best friends, Whipstriker! I'll eat the other half of this, then we can figure out what to do with this leftover stuff from my ship. I wonder if the others got nice islands too!" You smiled

Whipstriker used his tail to slap over two more apples before waving his butterfly-like wings out of happiness.

You wondered where his mom was.