𝐗. poseidon breaks my cookies (and my heart)

Happy birthday to that one anon on tumblr that asked if I could update on Wednesday! 🎂

POSEIDON THOUGHT BACK TO THE time he first discovered child leashes. It happened almost a decade ago when he saw a mother and her feral toddler walking around the shores close to his seas. The child had been strapped to a harness and the mother was trying to pull him away from the water.

Anyway, he had drowned the two humans for daring to step close to his territory, but he had to admit (begrudgingly) that whichever human invented those child leashes was smart because he could really use one right now .

"She's not here," Hades stated with certainty. "Poseidon, I can't sense her anywhere. She's probably not in Olympus anymore."

"That fucking brat..." He muttered darkly. He should've used a child leash on her and tethered her to a pole or something.

"Now, now, Poseidon, don't call your daughter that," Hades chided. "Percy is not a brat. Something must have happened. She's not one to disobey. She was perfectly well-behaved when I had her."

He might as well have been saying, 'Haha I'm a better father than you and she likes me more!', but Hades was too refined for that.

Poseidon, however, caught the underlying meaning of his words. The blonde shot him with a glare. "You're bragging."

He merely shrugged, smiling coyly. "Just stating a fact. We should check the other pantheons for Percy. Perhaps she was taken there."

"Or she walked there," Poseidon scoffed. "Insolent child."

Hades sighed in disappointment. "Let's just go to Svarga."

‧₊˚✩彡𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟‧₊˚✩彡๋ ࣭ ⭑ ࣭ ⭑

Bad news: the meeting with the Greek deities was over by now and Poseidon was probably on his way to destroy her.

Good news: at least she'd die after eating the best food in the world!

As a New Yorker, Percy had eaten all kinds of foods from different cultures before. Italian, Greek, Japanese, Pakistani, Mexican—the list could go on and on. She had eaten Indian food too, but nothing could beat Indian food made by the gods (or whatever ancient spirits they had as cooks).

They ate off of giant banana leaves—which weren't part of the meal (Shiva told her so after he caught her trying to nibble on one of them)—and used their hands to pick up their food. Not that she minded. She had eaten greasy French fries before and the food being served was anything but greasy.

Percy was slowly picking off the bits of biryani sticking to her fingers, feeling full. Her plate—or banana leaf—was mostly empty but Parvati would occasionally give her more food since she was 'a growing girl'.