Chapter 17: "It's About A Boy."

© Copyright 2013, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 Dedicated to salkhwlani because her comment have been making me laugh all morning, I decide to upload :D

Chapter 17: "It's About A Boy."

"How was your week-end?"

The green eyes sqinted at me suspiciously, "Alright."

"Only alright? Mine was fantastic, I went to this party friday and turns out they can sometimes be fun."

That's the way to do it, I thought to myself, Just act like you don't remeber a thing.

I don't know if it was sane or not, but after waking up Saturday morning, my head pounding and the shocking realization that I had made out with a boy I claimed to hate, and am going to have to face monday, I was at a lost at how to react. I had spent Saturday convincing myself it had never happened and was instead all in my head, like a dream, or a nightmare. When Sunday rolled around, I had no where to run, and had to admit to the truth.

I kissed Ash Hernandez.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I chanted, bangin my head on the wall. "This is why you never drink, Mia."

Eventually, I had decided to act like I forgot everything. Drinking can do that to you, right? Maybe I didn't drink that much, but Ash didn't need to know that.

So that was how I had ended up here, sitting infront of Ash, my head resting on the back of the chair, convincing both of us that I had completely forgoten half the night.

"Yeah, I was there." Pause. "It was alright."

"No way! And we didn't even bump into each other." I shrugged. "Too bad. Maybe next time."

I suspicious smile was creeping onto his face, "Sure."

"Well, see you in Art." I got up, turning towards the door. Suscess.

"Mia?" Or not.

"Yeah?" I asked innocenly, turning back towards him.

"How much did you drink?"

"Umm..." I pretended to ponder, "I'm not sure, everything is kind of a blur after I was dancing with this guy Jordan. Why?"

He turned away, shrugging while pulling his phone out of his pocket, "Just wondering."

"Right."

"Right."

Go go go go. And out the door I was, bumping into a form standing outside the door. "What the-" I look up to face Yasmine. Instead of pretending she wasn't eavesdroping like any normal person, she just crossed her arms, and glowered down at me.

"What was that about."

"Nothing." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Hmmhm," She muttered, draging me into another classroom. "Spill."

It took some convincing, but in the end Yas always gets what she wants. I watched her face freeze up in shock as I told the events of last Friday. "It's all because of you! How could you just leave me like that?"

She just stared at me, eyes wide, after opening and closing her mouth, looking like a fish she finally screamed. "YOU KISSED ASH?!"

"Sssshh." I said covering her mouth with my hands. "Someone might hear you."

"Wait, wait, wait." She said, pushing my hands away, "Then what you said in there, means...OMG! Why would you do that?"

"To avoid awkwardness? We were both drunk, it was stupid."