New Job

Artist: me
Third Person

The blonde teen walked into the Museum and found himself directly in front of his new boss, "Oh hi Ms.Puffy!" Tommy announced seeing the fluffy and curly haired woman in front him. She was standing there, a beige object in her hands. "Ah your here, here's your binder on the basics of your schedule. The museum doesn't get that much action almost at all, but occasionally families or the summer school program will come." She explains as Tommy grabs the beige paper binder in her hands, a few papers sticking out from it.

"You're free to look around the archives if you get bored but you do have someone working with you, he's just running much later than you." Puffy says in a annoyed tone. Tommy chuckles hearing her tone but begins to wonder what type of person he'll be working with. "Anyway, good luck and please don't destroy anything on your first day." She says and leaves Tommy in the echoey building, her last few words echoing in the vast building. Before he can even breathe, she pops back in "Oh! I forgot to mention, if you do go into the archives, don't bother the archivist too much. He's a bit of a introvert and he gets upset when people talk to him. That includes me." Tommy nods with a small laugh as she leaves once again.

He was now left to his own devices, so he grabbed his phone and officially marked himself as on the clock on the app he had to install for the job. He also put his phone onto vibrate so he doesn't get too distracted, he puts his phone away and opens the binder. "Task one, unlock the gift shop and turn on the cameras." Tommy reads out and looks around, a sign to his right saying 'Gift shop!' With a arrow on it. He smiles, closing the binder and heading towards the gift shop. His footsteps were echoing against the marble floor as he found the metal shutters blocking the gift shop. He gave a confident grin as he placed down the binder and approached the metal shutters with all his confidence to pull them up!

He knew was somewhat stronger or the same amount of strength as his friends so he was ready to lift it! Only to fail and give a laughing stock of a show to anyone who would walk in. His arms were burning up as he tried to pull up the gate, he let go and fell down onto the floor. "Ughhh why is this so hard?" He groaned and grabbed the binder for any extra information on the gate.

"Nothing. Damn it, stupid thing." He groaned and hit the gate. Footsteps in the hallway made Tommy pop upwards and move the binder from his vision. In front of him was only who he assumed was the archivist, a very strong looking male with his pink dyed hair pulled back into a messy ponytail leaving messy strands in front of his face. Tommy scrambled onto his feet, the binder being held tight to his chest. The archivist just sighed and pointed to side of the gate, Tommy looked over and saw two button with a locked case over them.

Oh. It was opened through buttons. Tommy chuckled and approached it, grabbing the keys he was gave the night before he came in from an envelope from Puffy. "Thanks for the help, who are you?" Tommy says as he opens it and gets the gate to open.  Tommy turns around to see him leaving, embarrassed Tommy looked to the floor. Only to see the archivist's feet turn back towards him. Looking back up, Tommy met the gaze, sorta, with the archivist. The archivist groans as he did turn but held his hand out, "Techno, I work in the archives so please try to be quieter up here? Sound travels down there easily." He says with a monotone voice.

Tommy smiles and shakes his hand, "Tommy, and sorry about the noise." He mumbles the last part as Techno retrieved his hand. "Your not going to mess around like the other one right?" Tommy cocked his head, "Uh no? I don't know anything about my coworker yet." Techno chuckled slightly and gave a light smirk. "He's annoying to say the least, and he's in charge of the gift shop so you two will run into each other quite a lot." Techno says and points behind Tommy to the gift shop.

Tommy nods, Techno leaving the hallway down to the archives. "Right- gotta turn on the cameras!" He exclaimed and looked into the gift shop to see the security door conveniently placed behind the counter. He smiled and went into the room, unlocking it with the same keys he had in his pocket. "Woah. Looks like an ultimate gaming room." He jokes seeing the amount of monitors but turned them all on just in time to see, who he'd assumed is his coworker.

With a smile, Tommy quickly left the security room and back to the front. Only to see Skeppy? "Skeppy?—" "Tommy!?" Skeppy yelled seeing the blonde. The two looked at eachother than the hallway Tommy had just exited. "You work here?!" Tommy yelled holding back laughter. Skeppy groaned and rolled his eyes, "Yes. Yes I do." He says crossing his arms. Tommy had to look down to meet eye to eye with the man, he had previously known Skeppy by being one of Eyrn's parents. Now he knew him as a coworker!

Tommy and Skeppy part ways as Tommy goes to his front, at his desk specifically. "I think I'm going to like this job." He says with a smile under his breath and leans back into his chair, taking in it all. The giant skeleton above the front desk, the paintings of animals or historical figures along the walls decorating the front room nicely. Tommy had been to the place before as a little kid, so he didn't exactly need the public tour from Puffy but it might have been a quick memory refresher. But he still denied it, either way, Tommy was ready for this summer job.

Word count: 1034