15. 𝘕𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵

Start from the beginning

"None taken." Ratchet replied, his optics completely focused on the Vehicon. He kneeled in front of the damaged body, lifted his arm and revealed his built-in scanner. After fully managing to examine the drone, he received the results and hummed, "As I assumed, no signs of life, he is completely offlined. Reading by the fresh hole through his chassis, it seems it happened pretty soon."

"Maybe it was the others, that means they are somewhere close! They can't be that far!" Twilight assumed with hope.

Spike raised his little paw and saluted, "Continuing on!" he confidently replied and kept on sniffing the area.

Meanwhile, Ratchet's gaze did not leave the deceased soldier, the tips of his metal fingers cautiously touched the injury, "Hm..." he studied the details of the left hole in his enemy's frame.

Twilight spotted his bothered expression and asked, "Something wrong?"

"Although it may have been from a blast, it does seem quite dissimilar..." he informed as he detected the purple burns on the hole, "I hardly believe this could be caused by a simple Energon blaster, nor Optimus', although powerful, cannot leave such damage."

Before the girl could say anything in return, loud rustling noises from the inner parts of the woods were heard and the ground started to vibrate. The trio rapidly became alert when they realized they weren't alone anymore. As the shakes became heavier, Ratchet revealed his blades and glanced to every side for the intruder.

While Spike's green eyes nervously observed from one place to another, he soon was greeted by a giant shadow that appeared from behind. The dog gulped anxiously and turned his head slowly. What he didn't expect to see was a large purple-colored tank standing above his small figure, "Huh-uh- g-guys..." his entire body trembled as he started backing away in total fear.

Twilight looked at her pet and gasped in horror the moment she saw the heavily armored fighting vehicle, "Spike!" her cry made Ratchet turn and his optics went wide, realizing who it actually was. The shaking dog didn't waste any more seconds and swiftly ran to his friends. That's when the tank's parts began to transform. Ratchet took a prepared fighting stance and Spike hid beside his pede.

Soon, the purple vehicle obtained the mode of a wide-shaped and purple-colored robot, with only one single red optic instead of a face-plate and a left-arm cannon. Ratchet gave him a cold death glare full of hatred and anger, the one-eyed Cybertronian focused on both him and the girl, "We meet again, doctor." the Decepticon greeted in a cold manner.

"Not so pleased to see you as well, Shockwave." Ratchet responded, his blades facing the enemy.

"Disinclination to accept my offer of you transferring me the humanoid that you currently possess without being offlined would be very illogical of you. I require you to capitulate, promptly." Shockwave suggested, his optic now completely focused on the human girl. Twilight felt her heart beating fast out of complete panic when the scary-looking Decepticon's stare focused on her. Ratchet converted one of his arms into a servo and reached for his comm-link, unfortunately for them, as he tried to contact Fixit, the sound of a static noise was the only thing that he could hear, "Do not waste your time with attempts of contacting your allies, it is pointless." the scientist advised.

Ratchet gritted his teeth, "What have you done to my team? Where are the humans?!"

"You will see them soon enough. Now, hand over the organic to me or I will have to take other measures."

"Not going to happen, I will not let you get any closer to her!"

"So be it." Shockwave briefly replied and moved his body aside, making way for the big running four-legged creature to charge at the white-orange medic. Before Ratchet could even try to dodge the attack, the beast jumped on him, causing the old medic to crash down and the girl to roughly fall from his shoulder.